Stake Pocket Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charliebravo

Reaction score
I searched high and low for this topic but have had little success.

I’m driving a 1991 K1500 and I received a headache rack with it that wasn’t mounted.

Tried to use some Aries off-road stake pocket mounts and after 2 months of waiting for the part, I got to find out they didn’t fit in the pockets on my truck.

I’m looking for another option and am having very little success.

What mounts I have found that I like say they won’t fit.

Is there something obvious I’m missing here? Should I just get a really long grade 8 bolt and be done with it?
What are other people running?

Attachments

• 3A6FCFB0-B6FE-4B78-B12B-5A3A398EDF3E.jpeg
    3A6FCFB0-B6FE-4B78-B12B-5A3A398EDF3E.jpeg
    378.3 KB · Views: 24

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I cringe but a lot of people just bolt them to the top of the bedside. I would use a grade8 3/8 bolt prob 1 1/2 long. It’s purely cosmetic so massive bolts would be over kill. And the smallest hole in the top of the bedside in case you remove it.

charliebravo

Reaction score
I cringe but a lot of people just bolt them to the top of the bedside. I would use a grade8 3/8 bolt prob 1 1/2 long. It’s purely cosmetic so massive bolts would be over kill. And the smallest hole in the top of the bedside in case you remove it.
Thanks for the reply!

I agree, it’s not like I’m at work worrying about a gas cylinder or other heavy piece of equipment slamming through my rear window. Much more cosmetic.

It’s some firewood, a game quarter, or maybe a piece of furniture.

What you mentioned is what I’ve pretty much resigned myself to.

Any recommendations on a gasket or vibration isolator material for the rack?

I’m thinking of cutting some rubber to mount under the rack in between the bed with a coat of silicone grease to keep out the moisture.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Buy a rubber mud flap for a 18wheeler from a part store or truck stop. They are good to have around and cut rubber off of for isolators etc.