Windstar Electric Fan Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98dieselburb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd like to see how people have mounted theirs. I know how I plan to wire it, but just not sure how to mount these caddy fans...

Shawn

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its funny how complicated we think this whole efan set up is... This coming from a guy who took over a year 2 get it right... The wiring is pretty simple once u lay it out... I think the hardest part is finding a temp controller that works/ can handle the amps the efan can dish out...
Not to talk down on anyone AT ALL but those of us that have completed the mod will kno wat I mean...

blortz

Reaction score
How would I go about making the dual wind star fans operate on low and high as here I don't think I really need both running on high. How much of a strain is this putting on the electrical system??

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How would I go about making the dual wind star fans operate on low and high as here I don't think I really need both running on high. How much of a strain is this putting on the electrical system??

I had dual efans on my old Bravada 4.3 Vortec and while driving I didn't notice any difference with both fans running on a hot day. But at idle, there was a noticeable draw on my electrical system. At idle, my volts would drop to 13v so I know my alternator was not keeping up. I eventually removed the efans and installed the old clutch fan because I was burning fuses. The relay was only rated to 20amps. Way too low. On that vehicle, I would need to upgrade the relay and alternator to properly run that setup.

On my burb I am thinking about running a dual battery setup to supply any/all electrical upgrades I could think of. I am planning on efans and HIDs right now. But I also want to ability to run an inverter and possibly winch so I can justify a second battery setup. Hook all that junk up on the secondary battery and not have to worry about it.

Who knows if I will actually do it.

Nogd

Reaction score
Just a question for everyone. Has anyone ran the e fans out of a 2006 5.3 Sierra?

Sent from my iPhone

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I am doing a single e fan setup on my 94 tbi. When I replace the coolant temp sensor on the driver side cylinder head with a coolant temp switch, how do I make it so the temp gauge still functions? Probably a really stupid question sorry.

Traveling man

Reaction score
It's hard to tell for sure because I put the body lift and fans on at basically the same time, but my mileage has stayed pretty much the same, maybe 0.5 mpg better. So any mileage the BL took away was gained back by the fans :shrug: I did notice a bit more power though, most noticeably on a hill where the truck used to downshift to 3rd, now it just unlocks the TC or doesn't do anything at all :)
New guy here, had to join to see your photos, see how other fellas are doing it before I do it my way. I'm sure I'll pick up alot of good stuff from gmt400 and it all started with your fan I two have a body lift 3", I was surprized you did need a spacer between the upper &lower Factory fan shroud like I needed with mine so fan didn't hit. Thanks for the inspiration.