Windstar Electric Fan Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Single jeep fan - turn on at 210, off at 185.. should be adequate i'd think, I have seen 40* Celcius temps here, past two summers in a row..
Would I be able to run a over-ride switch into the cab for above average temps? Wait that wouldn't matter.. it'd just stay on till it got back down to 185..

I'ma need to go find a fan soon and start screwin about.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Single jeep fan - turn on at 210, off at 185.. should be adequate i'd think, I have seen 40* Celcius temps here, past two summers in a row..
Would I be able to run a over-ride switch into the cab for above average temps? Wait that wouldn't matter.. it'd just stay on till it got back down to 185..

I'ma need to go find a fan soon and start screwin about.

Yeah, I have an override switch in the cab...it just gives the relay another path to ground so that when the switch is off the temp switch still controls the fan

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
What's the MOST basic way to wire in a single fan?
Just with a switch for on/off I guess eh?

Yep, but honestly installing a relay and a temp switch isn't that hard...All you need is power to the relay on one side, then to the fan positive, then fan to ground. Next, power to the other side of the relay and then to temp switch

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Yep, but honestly installing a relay and a temp switch isn't that hard...All you need is power to the relay on one side, then to the fan positive, then fan to ground. Next, power to the other side of the relay and then to temp switch

English? :p I joke.
Wiring is a foreign language to me though, but, as with everything it'll be a learning curve when I start this little project

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Haha yeah it sounds kinda complicated at first, but it's not that bad...basically the way a relay works is that when one circuit is energized it acts as a switch for the other circuit. In the e-fan case one circuit is for the fan power and the other circuit is for the temp switch. When the temp switch is "on" is energized that circuit and switches on the fan power circuit. When you start let me know and I can try to draw a diagram for you