Windstar Electric Fan Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
So after installing my body lift I decided it would be a good time to make the swap to electric fans. After doing some research, I found out that the fans out of a Ford Windstar minivan would fit nicely and pull a good amount of air. So I hit up some small local junkyards and scored these for $50
You must be registered for see images attach

They fit perfectly on the radiator vertically, but there is a little space on the ends so instead of trying to fab something up, I decided to trim the stock fan shroud to fit the windstar shroud. Basically I cut a rectangle out of the stock shroud and cut the tabs off the windstar shroud and then it fit well. I secured the windstar unit to the stock unit with 4 screws on top and 4 on bottom.

Since I'm not great with wiring or electronics I decided to just buy this kit from Jegs http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performance+Products/555/10571/10002/-1 I'm sure all the individual componets could be had cheaper if you wanted to go that route and knew what you were doing.

Then I mounted the fan unit on the radiator and started wiring everything up. Mounted the breakers and relays on the inner fender

Had to wire it up to a rocker sewitch temporarily because the plug in the passenger head where I was going to put the temp sensor is 5/16" square drive. I had to order a 3/8 to 5/16 adapter from NAPA and finally got the temp switch installed today

Also wired in a manual override switch on the dash in case I'm towing, sitting in traffic with the AC on, etc

Hope this will help someone out and let me know if yall have any questions!

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
NICE!i got the same fans for my truck just havnt installed them yet gread write up

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Looks good!!!! Let us know how you like them and how well they work.

I've wanted to do this to mine as well.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
like how that all looks in shroud! i got a mark 8 fan for mine still never put it in yet. need to get relays and temp sensor. how does it work with the sensor in head? thought about doing that route. looks good man

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Looks good!!!! Let us know how you like them and how well they work.

I've wanted to do this to mine as well.

like how that all looks in shroud! i got a mark 8 fan for mine still never put it in yet. need to get relays and temp sensor. how does it work with the sensor in head? thought about doing that route. looks good man

Works great so far! The temp switch turns them on at 200 and off at 185 which seems to work well with the 195 t-stat. The only thing I dont like about them is how they dim the headlights some when sitting at idle with them on. I haven't tried really getting on it yet or looked at gas mileage, but I did notice that it doesn't have to downshift anymore going up a hill by my house where it used to