Windshield Washer Tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Henry

Reaction score
In Arizona, these plastic accessories don't last long. I bought a washer tank from LMC and it lasted about a year before crumbling. I want to get another one and epoxy coat it to help it last longer, but, LMC no longer sells them. Have checked all of the likely sources that I can think of on the internet. Does anyone know where I can find one for my '95 C-1500? Thanks!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks to be a discontinued part, unfortunately. Your best bet is probably going to be finding one in a salvage yard. If they're all bad in your area I'm sure a member here could grab one and ship it to you.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If this was a problem I had over and over again, I'd get a different reservoir for a newer model and the accompanying bracket. Best case: the newer one is more resilient to dry heat. Worst case: the part will be available for reorder for a while longer.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Arizona, these plastic accessories don't last long. I bought a washer tank from LMC and it lasted about a year before crumbling. I want to get another one and epoxy coat it to help it last longer, but, LMC no longer sells them. Have checked all of the likely sources that I can think of on the internet. Does anyone know where I can find one for my '95 C-1500? Thanks!

After reading this I went out and checked my reservoir in my 88 C1500, it is still pliable and looks in good shape. As far as I know it's original, or at least 16 years old since I bought the truck. I wonder if LMC was selling cheap Chinese crap? One of these days I'll even get around to fixing my windshield washers.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
After reading this I went out and checked my reservoir in my 88 C1500, it is still pliable and looks in good shape. As far as I know it's original, or at least 16 years old since I bought the truck. I wonder if LMC was selling cheap Chinese crap? One of these days I'll even get around to fixing my windshield washers.

I doubt that was the case. Usually what happens is when a GM part is discontinued, LMC will buy up all the stock they can find and mark them up slightly. At least that's what they did with the third brake light lenses, dashes, etc. That would also by my guess as to why LMC no longer sells the washer tanks, they probably sold the rest of what they had on hand.

toomanyhobbies

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 2004 has the pump in the reservoir which I think is a different design. My truck is from Az and my tank is ok still. Maybe go on one of the GM parts sites and find one that is similar from a different vehicle based on the diagrams?

LMC is rapidly running out of GMT400 parts. Right now certain parts are nearly impossible to find. Hopefully as interest in these trucks as classics grows (which you can feel happening every day if you troll the internet for all things classic car and truck like I do), more repro parts will pop up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viru

Reaction score
This is an interesting situation! Aside from retrofitting to a newer design, salvage yard might be your best bet. I don't think it'll be too difficult to find the piece - most GMT400s in my local pick-n-pull still had their washer tanks last time I was there.

Maybe post a "Parts wanted" listing on Row52?