Will this harmonic balancer need a repair sleeve?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or not? I searched these forums and tried all of the common lying media sites, but I want GMT400's opinion. Behold.

You must be registered for see images attach

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your pic might be making it look more worn than what it is. Can you feel it with your fingernail?
Personally, I'd SpeediSleeve it.

I absolutely can feel it with my fingernail. Every time I touch this engine, it costs me $$$.

I'll have to check out this "speedisleeve" thing.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I absolutely can feel it with my fingernail. Every time I touch this engine, it costs me $$$.

I'll have to check out this "speedisleeve" thing.
I hear ya man, I got a truck like that....and I need to buy two tires for the Burb (maybe three if they can't/won't fix the tire that got a screw in it, cause I want to use that for my spare).
Those speedisleeves are good, just follow the instructions for installation. I used to sell em in my parts house days, think we used em a time or two on the old square body trucks.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seems that these repair sleeves don't come with a deep enough installation tool. That makes the whole kit unusable and moot point.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last one I installed was this:

www.summitracing.com/parts/TMK-88176

I don't remember the installation tool being too short.

Repair sleeves like this work great...until they wear-through, which they will, given enough time. When they wear through, they'll rip the seal to shreds. But wearing-through takes a long time.