Whoops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been hit before, but it's the first time I ever hit someone else like that. Dialed 911 and ran up to her window and she still had the death grip on the steering wheel with her head down low. fire truck blocked the highway so we could get off it and by time the police got there she was out of the car walking around.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dialed 911 and ran up to her window and she still had the death grip on the steering wheel with her head down low.
Several years ago traffic on the highway backed up and the car behind me got hit by the car behind her that was an out-of-towner who didn't expect the sudden stop. I wasn't hit, but I stopped to check on everyone. The woman who caused the accident was sitting there in a state of shock and her engine was still running, banging off the rev limiter. She had her window up and I had to yell at her three or four times to shut off her engine. Crazy stuff.

Glad everyone was okay.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
we were all rolling along 15-20 mph or so. I was trying to get get over one lane to the right because the right lane turns into the on ramp for the big highway I needed to be on, car s were zipping by on my right so was doing the bobble head trying to watch, looked up and saw brake lights, bang. Then I got out on the fast lane side, on the phone, and they are going by at at least 60 on that side. I was telling the 911 person idk if she's hurt because she's wasn't doing much more than mumbling and they needed to send everyone, and do it in a hurry before we get killed. No one stopped no one slowed down to let us get off the highway, nothing until fire and rescue showed up and blocked the entire road, A city cop drove by me waving at him trying to flag him down and kept going.
I've rolled up on accidents, threw my hazards on in the middle of the road, got out and helped people get off the highway, While I'm standing there beside this womans car I can hear people 4-5 car lengths back locking them up and tires skidding. FTW sometimes. we're not all built the same. Raleigh Fire and Rescue was there in 4 minutes , Kudos to those guys.

Last edited:

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
About ten years ago I went through a left turn onto a very heavy trafficked road in a monsoon rain srorm.
A ******* crossed 3 lanes of traffic and tried to do a u-turn in the middle of the block and stopped right in front of me.
In a Subaru.
I was doing about 30-35 or so.
I hit that car hard. When she went under my hood I lost sight of her and I thought she would be dead.
Nope, she was still on her phone but she was now in the passenger seat.
Bent that car in half.
So I called 911.
In Washington State they do not respond to vehicle accidents unless someone is injured.
The first thing they ask you is "are their any injuries?
Always tell them that you do not know.
"I hit them pretty hard and I do not know if anyone is injured"
And you dont. Unless you are a doctor you dont know ****.
That is how you get a cop to actually show up to an accident and get a police report of that accident.
And that "On the spot" police judgement with the traffic reports and the issuance of tickets and that determination of responsibilty.
That is how you avoid court battles and idiots trying to sue you etc....
Make them do their jobs. You really want that police report.
And pay for uninsured/underinsured coverage.
Its about 14 bucks a month for 5 cars with a 300 dollar deductable.
The ******* that pulled in front of me had no insurance.
The state troop that came around about two hours later had been to 14 accidents that day.
Of those 14 wrecks only three people had a liscense, and insurance, and a current registration.
That was me, and him, and some other woman who got hit by a drunk.
According to the State of Washington there are about 250,000 unisured drivers.
And get a dash cam.
Insurance fruad is a big deal up here.
The tweekers have started to figure out that semis have dash cams so now they are going after pickup trucks.
And, in my opinion. You have to be either so cracked out of your mind or weak as hell to spend 70 or 80 grand on a truck.
They are just hillbilly mercedes and in ten years tops they will be falling apart and expensive as hell to repair and worth about 20 percent of what you paid for them if, if ,if you can find a market to sell them.
All of those big money trucks will be just as worthless as a big money ten year old mercedes is.
20 percent if you are lucky.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About ten years ago I went through a left turn onto a very heavy trafficked road in a monsoon rain srorm.
A ******* crossed 3 lanes of traffic and tried to do a u-turn in the middle of the block and stopped right in front of me.
In a Subaru.
I was doing about 30-35 or so.
I hit that car hard. When she went under my hood I lost sight of her and I thought she would be dead.
Nope, she was still on her phone but she was now in the passenger seat.
Bent that car in half.
So I called 911.
In Washington State they do not respond to vehicle accidents unless someone is injured.
The first thing they ask you is "are their any injuries?
Always tell them that you do not know.
"I hit them pretty hard and I do not know if anyone is injured"
And you dont. Unless you are a doctor you dont know ****.
That is how you get a cop to actually show up to an accident and get a police report of that accident.
And that "On the spot" police judgement with the traffic reports and the issuance of tickets and that determination of responsibilty.
That is how you avoid court battles and idiots trying to sue you etc....
Make them do their jobs. You really want that police report.
And pay for uninsured/underinsured coverage.
Its about 14 bucks a month for 5 cars with a 300 dollar deductable.
The ******* that pulled in front of me had no insurance.
The state troop that came around about two hours later had been to 14 accidents that day.
Of those 14 wrecks only three people had a liscense, and insurance, and a current registration.
That was me, and him, and some other woman who got hit by a drunk.
According to the State of Washington there are about 250,000 unisured drivers.
And get a dash cam.
Insurance fruad is a big deal up here.
The tweekers have started to figure out that semis have dash cams so now they are going after pickup trucks.
And, in my opinion. You have to be either so cracked out of your mind or weak as hell to spend 70 or 80 grand on a truck.
They are just hillbilly mercedes and in ten years tops they will be falling apart and expensive as hell to repair and worth about 20 percent of what you paid for them if, if ,if you can find a market to sell them.
All of those big money trucks will be just as worthless as a big money ten year old mercedes is.
20 percent if you are lucky.
A dashcam is the best investment you can make after insurance. It takes away the he said/ she said arguments and cuts straight to the facts.