Where can I buy 4.10 gears for a good price?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K1500 gramnolds

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I`m looking into getting new gears for my 89 K1500 ECSB. I have already gone up from stock to 285 75 tires and it caused a little bit of "lag" on acceleration. Currently running 3.73s and using the speed calculators I found online, the difference at 2200 rpms in OD on a 700R4 is about 7 MPH. It says that RPM should be 75mph for 4.10 and 82mph for 3.73. I`m not terribly concerned with gas mileage as this truck rarely goes on long trips. I do use it for working and hauling a lot of stuff and don`t want to cause un-needed stress on the axles under load with the higher gears. I don`t have gobs of money to throw at "racing gears" either so I need some good value new ones or used in good condition if I can get them. :driver:

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If that is all your going to do, 4.10s should be fine. Lower gears will add stress to the axle but unless your pulling max loads everyday, i dont think you will have a problem. Some others may have some better input than i do though.