Wheel cylinder quality. $50 Delco worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My AC Delco fuel pump did not come with a new retaining ring, but my Denso did..... What irritated me about the AC Delco pump is that I specifically asked the dealer if there was anything else I'd need (so I could order it) and they said "NO". I got the old one apart and my ring was pretty bad, so that delayed me. There's been other things to, but I can't think of specifics right now.

AC Delco ATF filter. In RA's 'more info' gasket material:rubber.
Turns out it's a weird non-existent type of rubber. In a box big enough to contain an unfolded gasket but with only an ATF filter and two wheel cylinders in it. Luckily, I noticed its absence before I drained the oil and removed the pan - aka job still not done.
(That was the second near miss. The first was spotting that the filter supplied with the truck was for a 4L60E not the 4L80E it has before I got stuck in).

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
AC Delco ATF filter. In RA's 'more info' gasket material:rubber.
Turns out it's a weird non-existent type of rubber. In a box big enough to contain an unfolded gasket but with only an ATF filter and two wheel cylinders in it. Luckily, I noticed its absence before I drained the oil and removed the pan - aka job still not done.
(That was the second near miss. The first was spotting that the filter supplied with the truck was for a 4L60E not the 4L80E it has before I got stuck in).

My 4L80E has a reusable gasket. I haven't had it out for a lot of miles, so it may need to be replaced if I drop the pan now.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Corvette, Oh well at that point, you're a highfalutin customer and get nothing but the best :D

Yeah, cuz it's twice the asspain to redo a fix caused by junk parts.

My 4L80E has a reusable gasket. I haven't had it out for a lot of miles, so it may need to be replaced if I drop the pan now.

I reused a 200k gasket when I did the 4L80 swap on my 1500. Still no leaks.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Rock Auto said that the original GM gasket is re-usable. But I can't know for sure mine still has it. Probably has at 40,000 miles but with a 10+ days lead time I want a new gasket at hand before that pan comes off!

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Rock Auto said that the original GM gasket is re-usable. But I can't know for sure mine still has it. Probably has at 40,000 miles but with a 10+ days lead time I want a new gasket at hand before that pan comes off!

That's understandable. You may be able to get a gasket locally..... Rolls Royce used it in the 90's according to Wikipedia :)

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ordered one from a company in the UK that imports American parts and it should be here this week. Pricey but at least it's a Felpro.
Never occurred to me to look to the likes of RR - their pricing is rapacious though and they'd probably expect I send my chauffeur to collect it....

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So this jackasshole pulled out in front of me the other day and I had to panic stop-swerve-drift-slide to miss him. Thankfully I keep the brakes in top shape on this 99 Sub C1500.

Except that the panic stop blew a wheel cylinder that was hardly 1.5 years old. I think I got them from Autozone or somewhere.

Either way I ordered the AC Delco Professionals that are like $10 each but now I'm concerned that they are the same chinesium crap sold at parts stores.

I didn't know I wasn't ordering the OEM until I double checked Rock Auto, they are $40-50 each

What wheel cylinder brands do you guys prefer?

Check if the part has a lifetime warranty.

My starter motor on my truck is giving me trouble and I’m tired of getting under the truck and tapping for it too spin over so today I called O’ Riley‘s auto parts and I told them what it’s doing they said just bring it over to exchange it so that’s why I’m saying maybe they can replace it for free.