Wheel cylinder quality. $50 Delco worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
So this jackasshole pulled out in front of me the other day and I had to panic stop-swerve-drift-slide to miss him. Thankfully I keep the brakes in top shape on this 99 Sub C1500.

Except that the panic stop blew a wheel cylinder that was hardly 1.5 years old. I think I got them from Autozone or somewhere.

Either way I ordered the AC Delco Professionals that are like $10 each but now I'm concerned that they are the same chinesium crap sold at parts stores.

I didn't know I wasn't ordering the OEM until I double checked Rock Auto, they are $40-50 each

What wheel cylinder brands do you guys prefer?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So this jackasshole pulled out in front of me the other day and I had to panic stop-swerve-drift-slide to miss him. Thankfully I keep the brakes in top shape on this 99 Sub C1500.

Except that the panic stop blew a wheel cylinder that was hardly 1.5 years old. I think I got them from Autozone or somewhere.

Either way I ordered the AC Delco Professionals that are like $10 each but now I'm concerned that they are the same chinesium crap sold at parts stores.

I didn't know I wasn't ordering the OEM until I double checked Rock Auto, they are $40-50 each

What wheel cylinder brands do you guys prefer?

Personally I like ac delco. And would of bought those. Normally I look for the professional series. but was gonna try the police package

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I didn't want to spend the money on the OEM line..... I went with Raybestos, I think. I really can't say much about them, since I haven't done anything with them yet.

I think I bought Raybestos for the Saturn, and they seem to be fine, but I've only had those installed since summer.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the Delco Professional (ACDELCO 18E112) - so far so good. They've only been on for about a fortnight though. They don't have new bolts with them - an omission I thought odd. Odd, but not as annoying as the gasket being omitted from the ATF filter kit ordered along with the cylinders.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I got the Delco Professional (ACDELCO 18E112) - so far so good. They've only been on for about a fortnight though. They don't have new bolts with them - an omission I thought odd. Odd, but not as annoying as the gasket being omitted from the ATF filter kit ordered along with the cylinders.

AC Delco usually doesn't include niceties like bolts, gaskets, retaining rings, etc. I don't think I've gotten bolts in any of the wheel cylinders I've gotten, though, of any brand. The most recent was for my Saturn. I bought Raybestos cylinders and went to Menard's to buy Allen head socket screws/bolts.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
AC Delco usually doesn't include niceties like bolts, gaskets, retaining rings, etc. I don't think I've gotten bolts in any of the wheel cylinders I've gotten, though, of any brand. The most recent was for my Saturn. I bought Raybestos cylinders and went to Menard's to buy Allen head socket screws/bolts.

I've had better luck with AC Delco than that. My belt tensioner included a new bolt with loctite applied, master/slave for my C5Z came pre-serviced, axle seals pre-greased, I'm certain there's more but stuff like that is the reason I lean toward AC Delco or Delphi.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I've had better luck with AC Delco than that. My belt tensioner included a new bolt with loctite applied, master/slave for my C5Z came pre-serviced, axle seals pre-greased, I'm certain there's more but stuff like that is the reason I lean toward AC Delco or Delphi.

Your belt tensionor was probably a Gates (I believe they were OEM), and they do include the bolt..... which I think I saved when I did my dad's old 96 since the bolt was still in great shape. I'm not sure why they include it, honestly. It doesn't seem like a easily degraded part to me. The one on my 454 was fine too.

My AC Delco fuel pump did not come with a new retaining ring, but my Denso did..... What irritated me about the AC Delco pump is that I specifically asked the dealer if there was anything else I'd need (so I could order it) and they said "NO". I got the old one apart and my ring was pretty bad, so that delayed me. There's been other things to, but I can't think of specifics right now.

My OEM rear axle cover did come with bolts and a gasket, but it was as a "kit" not as a "cover"

What's a C5Z?