What original or unique mods have you done - not the norm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mercy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
IPad for a radio/navigation
You must be registered for see images attach

And my MaganCharger with a custom adapter made so it will work with the marine intake. I need to take pictures of what it looks like now that it's all painted, but here's some old pics.

Last edited:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Exterior:

22" wiper blades
Acura TSX HID projector low beams
HID High beams
"Customized" Billet grill (GMC tailgate emblem)
Enlarged Bumper cooling holes (it's a diesel, not a gasser)
Dodge towing mirrors (power and heated)
"frenched" fog light that double as DRL
Amber rear upper hazard lights (for towing and plowing)
side steps in rear bumper
Back up flood lights in bumper
Bed insert/storage
Truck cap window bars (so dogs don't hang out windows and people don't reach in)

Not it pictures: LED turn lights, billet inserts in bumper holes, rear LED tail lights, truck cap rear window pantograph wiper, rear cam changed to flush mount instead of the "hooded" one, heated washer nozzles

Interior:

Deer skin inserts, wood trim as seen, digital boost/EGT gauges, brake controller remote lever, LED warning panel, GMT900 "touch shift" lever.

CTSV Steering wheel

All buttons pictured function as labelled

Rear seat removed, platform installed for dogs and houses two amps and the subwoofer

Brake controller

lower console

Cobra 29 LXBT, TS DX250 linear amplifier, Water injection controller, various switches, inverter. Not seen: rear camera touchscreen.

LED gauge conversion

Lots of other miscellaneous things like full length weighted mudflaps, folding 5 foot Wilson CB antenna, cut down color matched rub strips, on board air compressor, air horns, underhood power dist center, dual alts, heated wiper fluid, on board battery charger, boatload of perf modifications, etc....

Last edited:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I've always loved those dodge tow mirrors

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I saw this thread and immediately though this is for great white

Sent from my SM-N910P

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
4L60e to 4L80e swap. It might be more common-place in the online forum world, but everyone in my city that I talked to had never seen it done. I'll have some pics in my thread today. Just got it running right yesterday.

The Whipple supercharger is somewhat unique (in a world obsessed with LS Swaps), and the Edelbrock MPFI setup I have sitting here is also not common.

Neither is the 14-bolt SF axle from a 454ss. Not many 2wd trucks running around with that rear diff.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4L60e to 4L80e swap. It might be more common-place in the online forum world, but everyone in my city that I talked to had never seen it done. I'll have some pics in my thread today. Just got it running right yesterday.

The Whipple supercharger is somewhat unique (in a world obsessed with LS Swaps), and the Edelbrock MPFI setup I have sitting here is also not common.

Neither is the 14-bolt SF axle from a 454ss. Not many 2wd trucks running around with that rear diff.
I will be LS, Whipple, T56 and 14 bolt sf. Does that count?

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Complete 88-94 to 95-98 interior swap has been done on my 90. Everything works as factory, including HVAC, gauges, power windows and locks and steering column. Most folks seem to get started on these swaps and give up, or just talk about doing them.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Color matched the bowtie emblems on my 1500 badges. http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22000

Replaced the cigarette lighter socket with a USB jack for my headunit, along with a 3.5mm input. I'm also thinking about putting a 120v outlet beneath the cargo light switch.

No pics but I took the Silverado badges off of my rear pillars and glued the best one on the dash panel where a push-button 4WD switch would be if my truck wasn't 2WD.

Finally, since I hate the radio stations around here, I covered my antenna in heat shrink, mounted it inside the passenger fender and plugged the hole in the fender. I ended up putting it back to stock but if I ever repaint the truck, I'll fill the hole in and go back to running it like that.

Sent from my Nintendo 64