What original or unique mods have you done - not the norm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Camera mount(very solid)

You must be registered for see images attach

Didn't trust the dash gauges so I added these,not sure how common this mod is

rosco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dipped my stock rims and my grill. Not too unusual, but I added a couple accent colors. I haven't seen anyone do that on stock rims yet.

Pardon the dirt and ps fluid on the ground. It's on stands right now. I've been working on the pitman arm, idler arm, and ball joints.

My grill.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I made a cup holder for my crew cab and a nicer version for my wife's obs Yukon that is formed around the front of the console.

I also was sick of hitting my shin on my brake controller so I designed a dash mount for it and created a new linkage so that the activation arm could moved via a knob

I wanted good trans cooling for my crew that had a zero percent chance of being contaminated by antifreeze through a crack in the radiator sides so I bypassed that junk and added two B&M supercoolers and called it a day. One of the best mods I have done but very controversial when trans guys hear about it. I have done it on two trucks now and it has been nothing but positive.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
To shoot videos of my off road escapades,and to have as proof IF I was involved in an accident.I turned it on when going to work & return home.Rewind it then repeat the next day.It has a remote so I can record,pause,ff,rew,etc. without turning around to look at the controls.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To shoot videos of my off road escapades,and to have as proof IF I was involved in an accident.I turned it on when going to work & return home.Rewind it then repeat the next day.It has a remote so I can record,pause,ff,rew,etc. without turning around to look at it.

They have some nice HD dash cams these days you know...

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Not so much original, but I did convert them. I took the plastic chip guards off a F-150 and installed them on my truck. Just a few snips to contour the wheel well ans some double sided tape. The cuts I made are hidden behind the flares.

Plus I converted a Tahoe interior spare tire mount to a bed mount.