What makes these trucks destroy distributor caps/rotors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
292 was used until about 88, just not in a 1500. You could get them in a P30 for like a roach coach.

Looks like somebody forgot to tell this guy that the 292 straight 6 was only good
for pulling heavy loads at low speed: :)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That is a cool sounding 6 cylinder, especially at the top of the track. whoa.

EDIT: For all you Texans in here, looks like there's some pretty quick trucks
running at San Antonio Speedway...

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The inline also did not go away, just moved down south.

1995 GMT400 with an OEM TBI 250/5spd. The later ones even had a TPI like MPFI intake.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yes, I did know about the non-US market trucks. I wouldn't mind having one of those. Being in MI, I'm not likely to run into one.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was a kid I was hanging out with a neighbor that ran a stock car at the local dirt track. He took me in the pits to be his helper and I got to see the tiger stock division run. Tiger stocks were all inline sixes. Imagine 20 cammed up six cylinders screaming around the track at 7000rpm. After about five laps I broke off cigarette filters and stuck 'em in my ears. The guy everyone was trying to catch was running a 67 Dodge Dart with a 225 slant six. Not sure if it was motor or driver or a combination of both but that guy was fast. Him and another guy running a 57 Chevy also ran in the pro stock(now sportsman modified)division with the V8's and always finished in the top five.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I was a kid I was hanging out with a neighbor that ran a stock car at the local dirt track. He took me in the pits to be his helper and I got to see the tiger stock division run. Tiger stocks were all inline sixes. Imagine 20 cammed up six cylinders screaming around the track at 7000rpm. After about five laps I broke off cigarette filters and stuck 'em in my ears. The guy everyone was trying to catch was running a 67 Dodge Dart with a 225 slant six. Not sure if it was motor or driver or a combination of both but that guy was fast. Him and another guy running a 57 Chevy also ran in the pro stock(now sportsman modified)division with the V8's and always finished in the top five.
That’s awesome! A few years ago I was working in northern BC Canada in Taylor BC and they had an annual circletrack event on dirt. It was very cool! No high $ stuff just old school hard work and experimenting. All Chevy 350 powered stuff. The most impressive though was the late model class where a guy ran a 2000ish cavalier like it was stolen. The highlight was him entering the corner way too fast carving the turn on 2 wheels for the win. Very cool. I considered moving to the area but never did. If I’d have moved there I would have used a 13:1 cammed up Buick 350 that I have on the shelf with a Powerglide in a Nova or something…