What head-unit do you use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blsticms1

Reaction score
I just picked up a JVC head unit and speakers for my nephews 95 k1500. Crutchfield had them on sale.

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
I run a JVC KD-S28. Has the ability for Bluetooth, just don't have the adapter for it at this time.

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
Pioneer 6900ub - it's probably 7+ years old and still going strong! The adjustments for sound quality are the best I've seen!

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I Like Pioneer or Kenwood Units, never had much luck with Sony head units.

That SSL head unit Boxer has looks like a sweet budget setup.

if your pure budget, I got my Kenwood off amazon for $60, 2 yrs no problems, and its easy to use.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
Pioneer DEH-X3500UI
I looked for a decent head unit with 4+ channel pre-outs.
I run a Fosgate 4 channel amp bridged to 3 channels.

I don't have it quite dialed in yet.
My system has a little too much bass and not enough mid-range.
I'll get it there eventually.

Fuzzy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, really appreciate the feedback.

The SSL Setup does look pretty sweet for a budget, which I'm mainly limiting because my truck isnt worth putting a $700 system in.

I'm really torn between going for a touch screen or not. On one hand they look awesome on the other I just don't know if it's really worth it.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
I don't currently have an aftermarket headunit but I'm a fan of blaupunkt or Kenwood, depending on budget

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Man I forgot about Blaupunkt. Unless they've changed, the tuners are crap if you live in a rural area, but great headunits otherwise.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, really appreciate the feedback.

The SSL Setup does look pretty sweet for a budget, which I'm mainly limiting because my truck isnt worth putting a $700 system in.

I'm really torn between going for a touch screen or not. On one hand they look awesome on the other I just don't know if it's really worth it.

I have an Alpine that was in my '95 that is now in my '03. Worked great and came with a Sirius satellite tuner.

In all honesty though, I wouldn't put a touch screen in if you're not going big. Just my opinion though!