What head-unit do you use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuzzy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking for a new headunit in my truck and was curious as to what you guys use/like.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a Pionner with blue tooth, recently installed. Love the blue tooth. No more fiddling with the smart phone.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Someone posted a Sound stream unit in the chat thread or the what did you do thread that looked pretty sweet, but I can't find it now

Last edited:

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Someone posted a Sound stream unit in the chat thread or the what did you docthread that looked pretty sweet, but I can't find it now

That was me. I'll find a pic of it... I've usually had Kenwood or something before - but I love this thing.

Edit:
This is where I got mine. $149 brand new. DVD, streams bluetooth from my phone and hands free calls, I even bought a reverse camera from eBay for $11 and it works perfectly.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291231195399?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

You can get them from the SoundStream website but I found it a little cheaper on eBay. I used to be scared of "off brand" stuff like this but the last two headunits I've had have been cheap touch screen DVD players and they've lasted forever and worked perfectly. The only thing I MIGHT have done differently is a smaller screen. This one is a single din 7" screen. As it sits now it covers up about 1/2 of my HVAC controls. But, that'll be an easy fix. The next slow day I have at work I will just make a fit kit for it to raise it up to the top of the bezel.
I ran out and took a couple pictures of it.
You must be registered for see images attach

This is the one I had in my last truck. It was "Eonon" which is a huge seller on eBay. I accidentally won it when I bid something like $100 on it. I expected it to be crap, but I had it for 4 years until I accidently busted the screen on it. lol

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
PIONEER AVH-X7500BT

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Currently have an Alpine CDE-HD149BT, great unit. Used to have a Kenwood KDC-X791 which was also good.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pioneer DEH-P880PRS. Two of them.

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pioneer DEH-80PRS here. Good FM tuner, excellent SQ. Lots of options for dialing in the best sound. Time alignment, crossover slope, you name it, it's in there. Has Bluetooth, and USB/AUX inputs too. Also has custom display colors so you can match dash light colors.