Factory stereo / head unit 1999 suburban. California

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

socal k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking for factory stereo for my suburban. I don’t know what units fit in which years but I just want to put the factory one in and take the aftermarket one out. It can be cassette or cd I have no preference

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Looking for factory stereo for my suburban. I don’t know what units fit in which years but I just want to put the factory one in and take the aftermarket one out. It can be cassette or cd I have no preference
I have a factory head unit with cassette player and the CD player that goes with it, from an Escalade. Looks to be the same as the one in my Burb.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Interesting....I was gonna ask a bit less for the one I have.
I pulled some radios out of trucks that looked like they had cleaner interiors, a year or two ago at the local yards. Burb has a working radio/cassette/CD player (most of the time, was going to replace with the overhauled and fully working units out of our other '99 Burb), and Rawhide the crew cab has the cassette/radio. Radio works in it but the cassette player probably needs a belt(it doesn't work, just ejects any tape you try to put in). So I figured I would do a "factory" upgrade with the caddy units. I may just go ahead and use the Burb units since I know they work.... also you need the cable that connects the head unit to the CD player, and I have a couple of those.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I do not know that value of used or restored factory radios the one that I linked you are paying for the aux preamp rca out put and bluetooth there are other listing that are just bluetooth or just aux or bluetooth aux with no preamp rca out I do not know if there are any that are preamp out only would that there are also listings that I have listed above that do not have the cassette player in them

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
How much would you want for it? I’m interested.
Let me look at it when I get back to the shop building. Hopefully I'll be able to do that tomorrow. I had plans to do several things today(since Monday my supervisor told me my shift was cancelled) and then the new supervisor decided to call some extra people in. So I got to work, and get another shift on the paycheck coming next week (that rent has to come out of) instead of trying to work on the trucks.
I have a general idea of its value but I need to double check the condition before I make a decision on the price.
Thanks!