what doors will work on a 98 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98 gmc 4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
will all the 88-98 doors work on my 98 single cab or do i have to get doors off a single cab truck will doors off a 2500 extended cab truck work Thanks for your help!

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
As stated above, regular cab, extended cab and tahoe and suburban doors will all work

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
any gmt 400 body doors work, to use the 88-94 doors you need to swap the inner panel

Not quite.... to explain better, there is a slight difference in the inner door stamping, that contacts the handle assembly in the later trucks. ( 95+ trucks ) You can make older doors fit the newer truck ( door panel and inner door plate with regulator, handle etc. ) by hammering in a portion at the top... IIRC, you needed to dent it in around 2 inches deep, and around 8 inches long. I used a large hammer, while holding a dolly inside the door. Check for the inner panel clearance, and repeat as necessary.

It's not the most elegant solution... I would have rather cut it out and weld it up, but it was inside where no one will really see it, and the doors were already painted in BC/CC.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Note the section where I drew a red box around, this is where you will have issues fitting the old doors onto the newer trucks. I had to dent those areas after trying to install the door gizzards while they were hanging on the truck.