What bag parts do I need?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
I am clueless as far as how to bag my truck and my head is spinning reading information found on all the different forums we all frequent. I decided to start collecting parts to bag my truck but am confused on the different methods used to lay frame. I want to lay frame on 22's up front and maybe 24's out back with some wide ass rims. I'm going to use this sticky on FSC a a guide to get started. http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...f-we-have-but-all-info-lay-frame-22s-obs.html

So as far as up front, I understand the advantages of tubular uppers and lowers but can't justify the money spent. Is everyone that is running dehumped lowers happy with that set up?

What type of bags should I be looking at for the front RE-7's? Can these also be used out back? What are the differences from other manufacturers Firestone, Air Bag It etc. Also where are the best places to buy from? I will shop the hell out the prices to make sure I get the best price for the parts needed.

The questions don't stop there, what type of compressors, tanks, valves etc. should I be considering?

I apologize a head of time if some of these questions are out of line but I want to make sure I have a plan before moving forward.

Sac12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One of my favorite trucks on here and is going to look great laying frame. Lots of questions that will come with lots of different answers... 24's in the rear, the axle will have to be shortened. 22's up front is pushing the limits of stock arms(Ball joints) and will require some firewall mods. Valves recommend staying with a 3/8", it’s not too fast and not too slow. Tank would be a minimum of 5gals for full-size truck. Compressors, never can go wrong with Viair. Dual 480's seems to be standard these days.

All I can say is keep reading forums and magazines...You will notice what is out there for budget parts & high end parts. Another way is too go to venders websites. Most them have a "complete" air setup. Can look at those parts they are using and outsource individual components as you buy parts.

The front is pretty easy. If running stock arms a set of cups(Ekstensive, KP, Nfamus, etc) and a 2600lb bag is the majority of parts needed. Then start cutting/patching & relocating items for 22's.

The rear is where the fun starts... 2-link, 3-link, 4/6-link...Bags on bar, bags over axle. Ekstensive has a great 2-link kit! The notch and bridge comes assembled, slip it over the frame rails and weld it in. Bars connect to axle using u-bolts and uses factory hanger. LOTS of people hate on the 2-link, but simply put, it WORKS for full-size trucks. I know duallys that run them and tow 36' long trailers. Nfamus makes a great 3-link option, but does leave fabrication up to you for shock tabs, bridge, etc and most people don't like the 1-piece notch it comes with. If you are on a budget the bolt-on KP 6-link is hard to throw down the money for unless you can find on used one & good luck with that.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Thanks for the complements on my truck! I want to do something like this. I love the look of the fat back tire and know that the rear needs to be shortened, I have a 14 bolt SS rear I just picked a few weeks ago but I am not going to cut it up since it's so rare. Probably will just shorten the 10 bolt and call it a day.
You must be registered for see images attach

As for the rear, depending on what it takes to get that size tire out back will dictate what I do out back. One thing for sure is that my truck isn't my DD so that will play a big part in which direction I will go as far as the rear set up is concerned.

SunSetPrez

Reaction score
Thats a lot of questions and many answers you get will be simply opinion. Up front to lay 22s all you really need are 2600 or 7 inch bag from vendor of your choice with the exception of airbagit bags or dominators. Both are total crap . Stock arms dehumped are fine just throw some good balljoints in. Out back all different setups have there pros and cons but they all work. As far as compressors go I say go with viair 444s. The only difference I can find between them and 480s is a 3/8 leader hose and the dual pack comes with a pair of 2 dollar relays. Hardly worth the extra cost. They use the exact same motor piston rod and cylinder.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
What are the advantages and disadvantages for these 2 set ups? All I want to do is to be able to raise and lower all four corners at the same time. I see that some of the bags come with dual ports is there a benefit of having dual ports versus single port bags?

I was on You Tube looking at different videos of guys airing up and down, is the rate of lift able to raise the truck slowly versus having it bounce fully to the top?

Sac12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This first one is for independent control of each corner. The second is independent control for front and just up/down for rear.

I was on You Tube looking at different videos of guys airing up and down, is the rate of lift able to raise the truck slowly versus having it bounce fully to the top?
This controlled by size of valves. Most of the ones you see bouncing up real fast is 1/2" or bigger valves.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My set up is basicly the same as the top layout except I dont have gauges and I really wish I had done them. On the front I did 1/2 valves and in the rear I did 3/8 valves with 1/2 line. Its fast but i slowed it down by using ball valves to slow down air going in and mufflers on the valves to slow it coming down.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
I like the top set up for what I want to do, so if I use 3/8" valves I should be good. What size compressor and how many would I need? Custom2500 has a Viair 480C for sale for $215 shipped.