What are you running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

That's another nice enclosure! I love the output you get from a vented enclosure but it would be challenging to fit one under the rear seat. I would have to do a center console like you did.

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So was just going through this thread and noticed Kicker seems to be a favorite amongst us all. The audio shop I've installed at for 6 years now, our top line is kicker. Now while I can't beat ebay prices or anything such as that, I can talk to the guys at work and see how they feel about offering a discount to my gmt400 buddies. We are also a dealer for Pioneer, Sony, JVC, Kenwood, and some Clarion headunits, as well as Probox speaker boxes. Any interest in this?

And to the topic at hand, my bagged ECSB has a simple kenwood cd which will be swapped with a molded in pioneer DD. 2 kicker cvt 12s under rear seat in a probox. Kicker 750.1 pushing the subs. Kicker SS 65.2 components in the doors being powered by a Kicker 450.2. Beautiful sound quality!
Plans for my 97 crew cab is pioneer dd molded in dash, 2 sets of QS65.2 kicker components in the doors, kicker KS series 460s in the rear pillars all being pushed by either the new Kicker IX 500.4, or possibly going with the ZX 650.4. Planning on 2 kicker Solobaric L7 10s behind the rear seat if I can get the proper box dimensions for them and run the kicker ZX 1500.1 for them. If the L7s don't pan out, then probably 2 Kicker CVR or CVX 12s instead. All amps, crossovers and distributiion/ground blocks will be mounted under the rear seat. Still a while away from doing this setup, but that's the general idea so far!
--Josh

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
I really don't have a preference..which one is the best bang for your buck? Or best worth the money?

Last edited:

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really don't have a preference..which one is the best bang for your buck? Or best worth the money?

What kind of budget are you looking at? Wanting it to have GPS and/or bluetooth? Full 7" motorized screen or slightly smaller stationary screen? Lol Lots of factors play into making the right decision for what you like. Give me a list of some things you'd like in one and ill list a few that you might like. Also, id definitely recommend a pioneer, but there are some other pretty decent ones on the market. PM me so we don't ***** up the thread lol
--Josh

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Amp rack has two 3" L corner braces bolted to ply & them screwed with self taps & to the body.This way = no holes in the back of the cab.Used some clear Silicone with self taps to keep stuff out/H2O.Fits perfect between folding seat & back of cab.
By going this rout the rear seat's always is in place,no way to fold it up.Also you don't have/see Amps & wire's under the seat for other eyes to see & want.Looks as if no system their.Only those who know my ride know about the Sub

That's a good idea! So the brackets bolt to the back of the plywood and then to the floor?

So going this route you can't fold the seat up to access the jack?

Minimeh93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
pioneer head unit, stock speakers, dual front facing kicker c10's and a 400 watt kicker amp, basic but does the job

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, it is under the passenger seat. It's 4" high total. Here is a pic of the dimensions:

attachment.php

This another cool idea! I will most likely go with a small sealed enclosure as well. Like you, I want my system to be completely invisible to the unwanted eye.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
This another cool idea! I will most likely go with a small sealed enclosure as well. Like you, I want my system to be completely invisible to the unwanted eye.

Well, my dad and I built the box in about an hour or two. It didn't take too long. You can usually pick up pieces of Medium-Density Fiberboard from places like Lowe's and Home Depot. I got mine from Home Depot because they had smaller sheets, and I didn't need much. Also, I only got 1/2" thick. Most places recommend 5/8"-3/4" thickness, but you can go thinner with a smaller sub, and it gave me more internal volume. The sub I got would normally be pretty expensive, you can find them on ebay for a little cheaper, so you might want to go that route. I'm extremely happy with the way it turned out. It adds so much fullness to the sound, especially for bass drums and such.

Word of warning, though, it really vibrates the seat it's under. :evillol: Consider yourself warned. :evillol: