What are you running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

narizon

Reaction score
1/2" is cool but if you go 3/4" sheet,you'll always have some for another project in the future ,just in case you change your mind & want to go LARGE.$$$$ wise not that much difference.You can also buy scrap pieces of ply at most yards but in my experience it ends up costing the same,they usually will try to sell it by the sq ft all all the corners are beat up too.Also not everyone has the ability to use dowels,sometimes screws are much easier/quicker & provide a solid build but that just maybe me...Oh & good wood glue does make a difference,I like Titebond III.
That little 10 LB woofer is 200/400 RMS & @ 0.35 or 0.5 it should sound fantastic in a correctly made box.
The first ported box I bought by KICKER with a 12"CVX had a bunch of fill/stuffing in it.The box rocked,I just wanted 2 12"s & my own box.
For my cousins truck '90 Sierra I raised his seats 3/4" with 1/2" copper pipe to fit in a sealed box .Worked out so good I also raised my '91 Nissan Truck seats too,never a problem.Just something to think about.

if you need a pick of the raised seat let me know.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
T DOG,nice sub should do very well for you.They make great stuff.Just take your time with the box,plan it out right=measurements & it will come out perfect for you.
Some 3/4" MDF or if you can some Birch ply with at least some 1.5" drywall screws/wood glue to seal it tight.Also if you have access to some clamps would help you out plenty.For a small box like I would use 1 1/2" x1/4x20 stainless bolts for terminals just because you can put them any were in the box for easy wiring/clean look.

Post some pics of the handy work

The box will definitely be made with 3/4" MDF and I like the idea of the stainless bolts for terminals. It is a nice lil' sub. Actually, I'm still rocking it in my Sentra right now. I just haven't got around to transfering the stuff to my truck. All of the following will be going into the truck soon:

edi 6000v.2 components

You must be registered for see images attach

Nine.4

9kv.2 & .32ft^3 enclosure

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
MOBS,that should sound great.Whats the rest of the system have highs/mids???

The current setup for the '95? It's stock location 6.5 mids in the doors, 4x6 mids in the upper rear cab corner locations, and soon to have tweeters on all the inner vertical panels. The old system was purely for bass. Since I've grown almost immune to lower frequencies and super highs get on my nerves, I'm ok with not amping my tweets lol. My yota's PA tweets sound really good and recreate vocals along with highs, so I think I'm going with some of them in my '95 in the 1.5" size(flush mounted).

The RF's box is 5/8"MDF with 3/4"MDF front wall, it had an option to dip it(like rhino-line), but I just stuck with auto carpeting saving extra costs and weight. I'm redoing the enclosure for the 95 so the sub will be up-firing near one end instead of forward firing in the center. It was forward firing since I re-installed the rear seat, but I've taken the rear seat out so I will have to use the center enclosure straps again.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I miss my system(s) especially the dvd player and I want a double din but living in Memphis they don't stay around long, so stock radio for me. I like the stock look on the interior unless I could mold a double din in but that just aint happenin :(

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Get a 1.5DIN and be done with it. It would fit perfectly and would be less likely to be jacked due to the would-be thieves not knowing 100% what it is :crazy: For extra security, follow my guidelines I mentioned a while back. Give them "Electro-Shock Therapy"
:lol:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can I get a DVD player that's 1.5 din to fit in my truck that would look just like a double din? Searching them on ebay now and sort of confused I don't want just another aftermarket head unit. If I could get something that'd fit in there and have the full screen just like a double din I would be all over it.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Unfortunately 1.5din isn't being produced but by certain companies now and I can't even find any with fullsize screens anymore. Mine is a flip-down face with cd and cassette behind it. I HAZ CASSETTE PLAYER!!! :crazy:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep I just went up to the stereo shop and the black dude was like "mmaaannee he be talkin crazy" haha but yeah they just had double dins and the regulars with like a 4" screen so meh...