What are you running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Haha, yeah Pioneer and Panasonic are about the only companies that still make 1.5din. They're about $350+

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah but they don't make 1.5 din that's a full dvd screen like a double din right?

I dunno why jackasses don't do that. I'd buy one quick fas n a hurry.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
The reason they weren't popular is because the 1.5Din size didn't make for a comfortable screen to watch, most people who get them run separate screens, either drop down or fold-up dash mounted....or the ones mounted in dash/console.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine would probably be border line conservative/mild??... Kenwood KIV-BT900, Infinity Components, Hertz 12", Digital Designs Box, Orion 600.2 amp, 4awg stinger kit w/ capacitor. Cant complain for a family unit, its all i need.

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Southern Pride, power acoustic makes one to fit your truck with the full DD screen, but I can tell you, the quality is very sub-par. Why not just go with a flip-out screen, and when the truck is parked, close it up and remove the main cover to prevent theft?? If you want, I can get you a quote on a few flipouts. Like I said earlier in the thread, I work at an audio shop, and am willing to extend the guys of the site a discount. Now, I can tell you I can't compete with ebay or other online sites, but I would hope you guys would like helping out a fellow member with your business. lol Let me know man, and I'll get you a price, and even wire it up before shipping it up to you for a few bucks extra. PM me if you'd like. Same goes to anyone that sees this and is interested!
--Josh

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
The max fixed-position screen size you can run in the 1.5din opening is a 5" I think. You could probably squeeze in a 6" but it would be close.

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The max fixed-position screen size you can run in the 1.5din opening is a 5" I think. You could probably squeeze in a 6" but it would be close.

The power acoustik one I was referring to actually sticks out slightly to clear the bezel peice. Personally, I think the unit looks like crap, and am very very upset with the quality of it. We used to carry them at the shop for this exact situation, but we stopped carrying it due to the quality. If you don't want to go en-route of molding in a DD, a flip-out (preferrably Pioneer) would be the only way to go! The power acoustik one I'm talking about actually does have a 7" screen on it though, and does fit.
And Southern Pride, just in case you wanted to see it yourself, (or anyone else for that matter) here is the link to that one:
http://www.poweracoustik.com/pa2011/source-units-PTID-7002.html
They also make this unit with bluetooth and navigation as well, but again, poor quality
(And everyone please don't take me wrong, if you have this unit or one like it, it's simply an opinion that I think they're poor quality units)
--Josh

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
You should contact PA and ask them for a dealer's list of their Platinum products, then you'll see REAL PA stuff, not the cheap/crappy stuff they have on their company website.

They have an 8.6" screen I was looking at that played bluray/dvd/cd and had a flash memory that was updateable with codecs for just about any playback, the operating system was Windows CE. But even with sponsor discounts, it was still close to $2k. Their high end stuff will say Designed in USA and Made in Japan....unlike their cheap crap that says Made in China and Designed in A-Drunken-Stupor. :crazy:

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should contact PA and ask them for a dealer's list of their Platinum products, then you'll see REAL PA stuff, not the cheap/crappy stuff they have on their company website.

They have an 8.6" screen I was looking at that played bluray/dvd/cd and had a flash memory that was updateable with codecs for just about any playback, the operating system was Windows CE. But even with sponsor discounts, it was still close to $2k. Their high end stuff will say Designed in USA and Made in Japan....unlike their cheap crap that says Made in China and Designed in A-Drunken-Stupor. :crazy:

haha, I heard that man! And yeah, I've seen a few of their Platinum line, but I still prefer Pioneer headunits, and Kicker everything else! lol I've been working with and installing those products now for about 6 years, and yes there are better products out there then Kicker, but since I have so much experience with it, it's so easy to get an absolutely amazing sound out of any of their stuff now. And the customer service is one of the best in the business! As far as headunits go, there are several great products and companies out there, but to me Pioneer is hands down better then everything else. From quality to user-friendly, they're A++
--Josh