Water Methenal injection install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
I had the kit on my 305 in 2004 and took it off on the last build,
when i put the 355 in...so now i put it back in...better
keep in mind when doing this with aluminum tanks, that aluminum and methenal don't mix well and a
insulater in the tank has to be used

so the pump got mount as close to and low as i could get it to the tank
You must be registered for see images attach

the lines were installed and hidden as much as possible from sight

the the controller got mounted and vacuum was extended to it as well as wiring

the rest was prewired already to the truck, so all i had to do was run a wire into the cab
and connect it to the circut switch

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I had H2o injection on my BBC. Two different ones. IIRC I had a Holley set-up first. Worked strictly off of vacuum. A POS! The second one was an Edelbrock. Worked way better, as it was controlled through the distributor's advance, & vacuum.
Saturday night, fill the tank with a 50/50 mix of isopropal alcohol & water, 2 bottles of octane boost in a tank of primo, & advance the timing a fair amount. Woo-hoo! Probably good for 3/10ths in the 1/4.
Then Sunday, spend the day replacing header gaskets, adjusting the clutch, & the valves (solids), & setting the timing back.
The price to pay for getting to play!

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
when i dynoed it on the 305...flipped a switch and got 40 extra rwhp from regular windshield washer fliud, 33% methanol...not even boost juice which is 50/50 mix

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
can't wait to try it out...went with biggest nozzle, because of the hp range...should be cool

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice! I've got to do a meth/water injection settup on my build...

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
40hp on a 305 with 33% methanol. Cheaper than N2o, & way easier on the motor. Keeps the valves nice & clean, too.
Keep us updated on the new system & the performance gains. When(ever) I can get an LS in my '98, think I'll have to start messin' with a set-up such as this.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice set up I have a kit that Ive had for years just have never gotten around to installing it

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
are these being installed on stock motor or mildly built ones?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
It would work on a stocker, but the gains would not be as great as on a 'built' motor. Originally, it was for higher compression engines. It's been around for years. (WWII aircraft?) My BBC had 11-1 pistons. The fuel in the '80's was not as good as the fuel that was available when the car was produced (1970). Then when they lowered the ash content & brought in no-lead gas, the engine in that vehicle just would not run properly or make the power it was capable of, when the timing was set to where it was supposed to be.
Helps to cool the compression chamber & reduce detonation. As the H2o enters the heads, it turns to steam, & that helps to keep any crud from building up on the valves. The methanol helps to cool everything even more, plus it adds a couple of points or so to the octane of the fuel. On a performance engine, this means that you can run more advance, without the 'Ping-Ling Brothers' causing havoc to the engine's internals.