Vortec Resonator Box (Random early morning thoughts)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
NVH is the primary purpose, changing the noise not so much making it lesser

think of an exhaust resonator, heres a quick copy paste on their function

The engineers realized this and decided to look for a way they could take advantage of it. They learned that if they designed an empty chamber for the exhaust to travel through, the pulses would bounce around in there — resonate — and some of them would cancel each other out. As luck would have it, the annoying higher tones were more likely to be canceled out

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck was a ranch truck in it's former life. When I bought and was checking out the fluids I popped the air filter box and the thing was filled with hay!

I wonder if that all that hay in there also cut down on the turbulence and that Vortex thingy we are talking about here... :D

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck was a ranch truck in it's former life. When I bought and was checking out the fluids I popped the air filter box and the thing was filled with hay!

I wonder if that all that hay in there also cut down on the turbulence and that Vortex thingy we are talking about here... :D
My son opened his 03 Tacoma air box last week, packed with acorns and grass.