Vortec Resonator Box (Random early morning thoughts)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve heard the tpi’s were pretty terrible, but in the name of data acquisition I still think it would be worth testing and comparing.
They have been tested well over the years. In stock form they give a decent torque boost from about 2,500-3,900 with peak runner tuning effect at 3,200. On both ends of the rpm range I quoted, they fall on their face.

The other marine intake I traded off to a buddy that I ran worked really well. A port fuel injected dual plane.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock TPI would be a complete waste of time, coming from someone that ran one. FiTech or Sniper TBI would also be a waste of time on a stock Vortec. The choke point on a Vortec is the stock exhaust manifolds and tiny exhaust pipes on the 1/2 ton tucks followed closely by the stock camshaft.
Not to mention that the Engine Masters guys are disappointed whenever they have to dyno anything that makes less than 500 hp. I absolutely believe the TPI intakes and Vortec cams were weaksauce, but it was the best at the time. Our trucks were born in an era where 200 hp was "big" power to most people. There's no need to dyno this stuff, it's been done many times before and it's only depressing. We know that if you want to make more power you need to tackle it as a package and upgrade everything.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's only a border if you allow it to be so.
...just ask Senile Joe and ComeAllYa.

And the only good walls and deterrents are around Obama's house and neighborhood. Don't want the riff-raff wandering in.

You must be registered for see images attach

But, you know, protecting the entire country like that would be immoral.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...just ask Senile Joe and ComeAllYa.

And the only good walls and deterrents are around Obama's house and neighborhood. Don't want the riff-raff wandering in.

You must be registered for see images attach

But, you know, protecting the entire country like that would be immoral.
Hey! Uncle Joe is doing the best he can. See how he’s lowering gas prices for us? :hahano: :hahano: :hahano: :banghead:

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey! Uncle Joe is doing the best he can. See how he’s lowering gas prices for us? :hahano: :hahano: :hahano: :banghead:
presidents dont control the gas prices. well, there is limited things they can do that directly affect, like the reserves thing. But I would like to see biden nut up for once and either have made it clear to the oil companies or just outright doing so(nationalize them to make them produce gasoline, fuel oils, crude all that) because they were willingly holding off and letting us pay out the cazzooo because $$$$$. This is what happens when 4-6 companies have control of the entire countrys oil industry