Undercarriage coatings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

droptopcat70

Reaction score
I have used herculiner in my 80 c10 and my 1970 cougar. I used it underneath the floors, inside the cab, inside the cars floors as well as inside the inner fenders, and the rear wheel wells. I also used it in the cowl area as well as in the doors. I used 2.5 gallons in the c10 and a full gallon in my 70. Never a problem with it chipping off and looks good. I kinda went overboard but i always do with my vehicles..

thanks
pat

Insert Quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally I like Phosphoric acid (Concrete & Metal Etch) from the hardware store for rust that isn't too bad, you can use a cheap garden prayer to get into the support channels.

If you don't have access to a spray gun, SprayMax has a good epoxy primer:

And I like SEM rubberized undercoating, has a nice texture to it:

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used Rustoleum Reform & Seal on my frame. I stripped it with Klean Strip first. It dries hard, doesn’t require a top coat, and is affordable.

You can get it in an aerosol can for those tight spots.
You must be registered for see images attach

Reega

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer on freshly steel brushed frame, top coated with Rustoleum Pro Gloss( film strength is supposed to be better-not a gloss fan) Gallon is cheap, easy to apply, easy touch-up’s out of a spray can. And, I can see any rust instruction. If I didn’t sell, I would have also applied fluid film ….and maintained thereafter.
You must be registered for see images attach