Under the Hood Dress Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
a little every year for ten years....i had the last motor out 3 times ...every time i put it back in i would make it look better....this motor in once, apart three times....everything that was bolted on the 305 is on the 355.......but it is a process and i believe it turned out just fine....as far some of the $$$ concerned
4500 for the superchager and that is painted silver, the polished one is more
1500 for the aluminum heads
120 for the aluminum water pump
1400 for all the billet,
300 chrome innner fenders,
120 for the good cal-custom valve covers
300-400 for paint and supplys .....every time i change/repaint a color....had to paint all the pulleys X2...and everytime i take it apart, i repaint the intake...
500 for the polished fuellines ,braided hose and AN fittings...
750 for the intake piping,hose and special clamps..
200-300 for stainless water hose....
100 for special brake line,i use for vaccumm line......
an unknown dollar amount to all the stuff you thought would look good and was cheap and broke or just looked stupid

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it's very clean! I'll do a dress up to mine when I put a crate motor in!

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Just a splash of black paint for me:

Instead of going brighter, I went darker with plain ol' black.

Between the plumbing and engine bay matting, there's not a lot to do in there for looks. MOstly just keeping it neatly organized. My changes are pretty much all functional rather than appearance anyways.

But thinking of doing something a different engine cover and something a little bit more wild.

Dunno, like painted flames or something...of course, I have to finish the intercooler and piping first as that is going to change everything under there.....

Last edited:

Old Goat Ninja

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right behind you with Duct tape stretched out
I'm not one to dress up the engine, although I like the looks. Anyways, since this is an underhood thread, I guess I can throw this out. First off, I just work there, I in NO WAY get an extra penny if anyone buys one or not, I am NOT a vendor, etc. Anyways, company I work for makes things for cars. New product this year is under hood covers/insulation kits. The GMT400 will be one of those hoods. This past weekend me and a coworker ran a booth at a swap meet, and I had a surprising amount of people ask if we have them (under hood cover) for that truck, as they pointed at my GMT400 behind the booth. So since so much interest, I'll be sure to have my truck hood rushed :) So sometime this week I'll drive the GMT400 to work and have hood patterned and then first cut will go on my truck. I'll post pix if anyone is interested. I wont start a new thread because I am NOT a vendor, I only work there. By next week the GMT400 under hood pad will for sale. A flat one will be. They'll also be releasing one with the bow tie or GMC vacuum formed on the ABS plastic portion (licensed and authorized by GM). The vacuum formed ones wont be for sale until March or so though. Flat ones as soon as pattern is done. If anyone is at all interested, I'll post a picture of our display hood we take to shows. And then next weekend post a picture with my truck one done. It does look really sharp though. I can't wait until mine is done haha.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
a little every year for ten years....i had the last motor out 3 times ...every time i put it back in i would make it look better....this motor in once, apart three times....everything that was bolted on the 305 is on the 355.......but it is a process and i believe it turned out just fine....as far some of the $$$ concerned
4500 for the superchager and that is painted silver, the polished one is more
1500 for the aluminum heads
120 for the aluminum water pump
1400 for all the billet,
300 chrome innner fenders,
120 for the good cal-custom valve covers
300-400 for paint and supplys .....every time i change/repaint a color....had to paint all the pulleys X2...and everytime i take it apart, i repaint the intake...
500 for the polished fuellines ,braided hose and AN fittings...
750 for the intake piping,hose and special clamps..
200-300 for stainless water hose....
100 for special brake line,i use for vaccumm line......
an unknown dollar amount to all the stuff you thought would look good and was cheap and broke or just looked stupid

Dang!! I think I'll just settle for some paint! :gr_grin:

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Old goat ninja let me know when you get the pics posted. It will probably look cool none the less.

I'm considering a small powder coating gun and oven for the garage. I would like to do a lot if ATV parts and would probably end up doing some truck parts as well! I would love to have a black chrome lift kit on a blacked out truck lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Not Much (dirty, old pic)

Corvette valve covers, a little paint, a little chrome. Some of which has since been repainted