Under the Hood Dress Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Dunno, its a pure guess but around 350-380.

You can work the math both ways yo establish the target you want: HP = Torque x RPM ÷ 5252

Basically, a 65 is pretty much all in around 2500. Theres some more above 2500, but it's not all that practicle or cost effecient chasing it. 3 grand is where the average joe will want to stop pushing it for sure. 3400 is for noise, pulling way more (or faster) than the truck should or drag racing (in a 65? Yeesh) it.

Depending on what you're planning for a holset, you may be able to go 3000 before you start to egt out on a hard pull.

I started with the rpm range i wanted to peak (determined by the limitations in the parts choices) then chased the highest tq iIcould achieve. Fuel rates, timing, boost, when the turbo comes on and runs out, etc. i was a fune day at the shop on the duno. We all had a great time working on something they usually don't get a chance to.

The hp is just a function of the above equation.

You two are making me wish I had a diesel to play around with..