Turn signals ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Soooooooo last night or the night before was driving my truck making a left turn had the signal on. All the sudden everything dimmed!! Voltage dropped to 9v. Scared the crap outa me. Then shot back up to normal. Buttttt I have no turn signals. Pushed my 4 ways on to check if it worked. Worked for 1 sec then stopped. Got home had my 5 year old check my brake lights and he said “dad your lights aren’t working “ thought to my self GREAT. Found #1 fuse blown which is brake and Illumination. Replaced checked turn signals, nothing. So I checked brakes only my 3rd works. Press hazards fuse blows. Replaced fuse again went to under hood found 30amp mega fuse blown for the hazards. Took my fuse from another spot. Threw it in and boom I got 4 ways again. BUT STILLL NO TURN SIGNALS. Anyway ever deal with this v

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tbh I didn’t get to look much. Idk if voltage got fed through the switch. It almost is acting like it’s the switch but then again I have no clue. I sorta looked at the rear but I didn’t see anything. Mind you I do have led flasher relays on the fronts. One of those could have shorted out it I dk only cause it’s only tapped into one wire.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tbh I didn’t get to look much. Idk if voltage got fed through the switch. It almost is acting like it’s the switch but then again I have no clue. I sorta looked at the rear but I didn’t see anything. Mind you I do have led flasher relays on the fronts. One of those could have shorted out it I dk only cause it’s only tapped into one wire.

Oh ok. Because multiple shorts never good. Especially in a row. I got LEDs but mine came with the ballast for the turns and headlights also did the LED flasher. Just wanna make sure you got nothing rubbing metal so it doesn't screw up something else. Last thing you want when on the road. Sounds like you got lucky to make it home

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Eh it wouldn’t be the worse might have convinced the women to let me get a newer truck lol. But yeah it was odd and I still find it odd that my turn signals don’t work but the hazards do. I work for gm so tomorrow I will go on pro demand to look at the schematic and I’ll take out my turn signals to check the wiring. Just let speechless. Took out the turn signals and hazards. Found the 30amp popped so I mean it was pretty aggressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You say you're running an LED flasher relay so I'm assuming most of your exterior lights are LED. Check all your sockets and make sure that nothing is shorted or fitted improperly. LED bases can break inside the sockets and do all sorts of weird stuff. If you're running LEDs in the factory third brake light, that's the first place I'd look. Those sockets have a tendency to kill all your illumination and pop really big fuses if you use anything but a factory based bulb in them, you can't use anything wider than a factory bulb.

xjsciortino

Reaction score
My truck did that when the trailer wiring harness shorted out on the bumper. Make blew about 6 fuses at once. Makes sure you check every fuse. 3 or so were blown from the fuse block in the dash, 3 or so were blown from the fuse block under the hood