Trouble changing fuel pump, what do I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Take the bed bolts out and jack up the bed. Don’t cut wholes or bolts unless you can get to the nut I see de the frame that is spinning. It’s not hard to remove the bed bolts and have a few people help lift it up.

Stephen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't need to take the bed completely of. Take the bolts out of the driver's side and loosen the bolts on the passenger side. Disconnect the light harness and frame to bed ground strap and bottle jack to lift/tilt the bed. have some wood block to place between bed & frame for safety. I have done this twice with no issues.

Reaction score
Hey, thought this was gonna be simpler but im working on a michigan truck not a florida truck. My last pump change was easier.

The rear tank strap bolt just wont budge. The screw turns, but will not back out or go in. I've hit it up with penetrating oil, tried prying in various area as I loosen bolt but im getting nothing. it's in the full tightened position now (even though there is a gap) so theres no maneuvering the tank through the strap etc. Frame rail is tight against the bed, no getting on other side of the bolt that i can see.

Any ideas? could really use any advice. thanks!
You must be registered for see images attach
I just cut a hole in my bed. And screwed down a. *yield* sign over it... don't ask..