Trash power steering pump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turnerjcaleb411

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
jusy yesterday I went with the evo psp bypass and fitted it all up with no leaks, but my main problem is that my tires don’t turn when parked an its annoying That they don’t turn. My next step which is cheapest is to change out whole system fluid. But if that doesn’t work would changed steering gear box fix this issue?
Stock tires 275/75/16 and also 5.7 vortec and I did bleed the system of air.

jasons99hoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so you replaced pump and pressure line? you used the evo bypass pipe. truck feels fine when driving but at parking speed it feels like the steering gets really hard right? did you use an autozone brand pump?

Turnerjcaleb411

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so you replaced pump and pressure line? you used the evo bypass pipe. truck feels fine when driving but at parking speed it feels like the steering gets really hard right? did you use an autozone brand pump?
Yes I did use autoZone power steering pump an went to junkyard for bypass line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasons99hoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen 2 of those pumps no good right out of the box. I cant say that is your problem but I don't use them for that reason. I would stay away from autozone anything. try to use the same stuff that came from the manufacture. you get what you pay for when it comes to 88-98 chevy stuff.