Transmission issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamj24

Reaction score
5mph off is materially off, should be within a mph or two of GPS. Did you watch the above vid? If so, you recall seeing my volt meter register some voltage when i was spinning the output shaft..you should be seeing something other than zero. Make sure your leads are on the two pins on the speed sensor's plug. If so and you have nothing, id put another speed sensor in (OEM ONLY - NO AFTERMARKET).
Ok good to know. I did watch the vid. Do you know of a good place to get a OEM vss? Im going to double check my meter tho because it has been acting wierd latley

adamj24

Reaction score
I checked my trouble codes and i have my TCC solinoid, 1-2 solinoid, 2-3 solinoid, and 3-2 solinoid are shoing up as a trouble code. Anything you know about what that could be?

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked my trouble codes and i have my TCC solinoid, 1-2 solinoid, 2-3 solinoid, and 3-2 solinoid are shoing up as a trouble code. Anything you know about what that could be?
Sounds like wiring harness, either the internal trans harness or vehicle harness to the trans. The likelihood of all of those solenoids failing / going bad independently is like nil. Use a DVOM meter to test your harness, solenoids as well as the vehicle harness via the connector at the end of that harness.

adamj24

Reaction score
Sounds like wiring harness, either the internal trans harness or vehicle harness to the trans. The likelihood of all of those solenoids failing / going bad independently is like nil. Use a DVOM meter to test your harness, solenoids as well as the vehicle harness via the connector at the end of that harness.
Still havent fixed my truck. i am getting all of my shift solinoids as trouble codes and only shifts into 2nd when i let of the throttle at about 3500rpm but once its in 2nd it stays in 2nd. Do you know what controls my solinoids on a 94 1500. Im pretty sure there isnt a TCM.

peezy555

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok good to know. I did watch the vid. Do you know of a good place to get a OEM vss? Im going to double check my meter tho because it has been acting wierd

It's not likely his trans; could be servo (seals cut on install) but the fact it's not upshifting out of 1st points to VSS as that's usually the reason. What would be interesting is if he replaced the transmission due to the failure of a $35 part (VSS) in the transfer case. The other possibility is PCM and/or vehicle wiring harness to the trans and/or TC VSS.

All that stuff should have been ruled out via diag work prior to replacing the origional trans unless that failed for other reasons, not mentioned in his post (ie 3-4 clutch pack failure).
Great advice. Always check and rule out input sensors to trans plus wiring before replacing trans. Not rebuilders responsibility if trans already out . Stuff like MAF and O2 codes will cause a trans to fail