Curious if anyone else had this issue....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94GMCK1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like the interlock. When it does this if you press the brake does it shift out of park?
No it doesn't..... I replaced the Neutral Safety Switch today.... 16 dollar piece of plastic... Haven't really taken it out for a test, started feeling bad....

94GMCK1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE:: I replaced the Neutral Safety Switch today.... 16 dollar piece of plastic... Haven't really taken it out for a test, started feeling bad....I'll check it out tomorrow when I take my dog to the Vet....

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
UPDATE:: I replaced the Neutral Safety Switch today.... 16 dollar piece of plastic... Haven't really taken it out for a test, started feeling bad....I'll check it out tomorrow when I take my dog to the Vet....
If you are still feeling bad when you get to the vet ask for a dose of ivermectin. :biggrin:

94GMCK1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update::: I've had more than a few people scratching their head on this.... But good news, it was the NSS... While replacing that, I found out that my dimmer switch was just loose causing the rod to not be fully engaged into the switch....

94GMCK1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I spoke too soon I reckon.... I started it up, let it idle for a few minutes and wouldn't come out of park... Shut it off, re-started and right into drive it went... But that was the only time, although I didn't drive it very much but will be out driving it tomorrow.... Guess I'll know what's up then....

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have a mechanical problem,not electrical. Like I said before you need to check out the gearshift lock operated by the gear and rack that locks the gearshift lever when the key is turned off.