Curious if anyone else had this issue....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94GMCK1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have a mechanical problem,not electrical. Like I said before you need to check out the gearshift lock operated by the gear and rack that locks the gearshift lever when the key is turned off.
Hey Scooterwrench.... You talking about the shift linkages under the truck between drivers side and transmission ? Or something else that 'm not understanding.... This thing has been a mind numbing issue it seems....

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Download this;
You should find your column in the unit repair manual.

94GMCK1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Download this;
You should find your column in the unit repair manual.
Rack Switch Actuator...? I see that in the drawing and see that it's also under the steering unit inside the column on left side when sitting in the truck looking at the steering wheel....

94GMCK1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went out and did some more checking on the truck... Looked under the column at the bottom for anything that didn't look right.... The NSS I installed caught my attention.... Apparently when I plugged it in, I only had one terminal plugged in instead of the two prong.... I pulled the plug and corrected it... Now it seems to work just fine.... Like to thank each and everyone who posted.... Very appreciated.... Thing is, I could kick myself in the backside for a rookie move... I should of double checked the plug instead of just popping it on and walking away.....

94GMCK1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't beat yourself up too badly,even us ol greybeards have had our dammit moments. Lying on your back in a floorboard doesn't make it any easier either.
LOL... I
I agree, laying in the floor boards 20 years ago wasn't bad.... But now it sucks..lol... But yup, that in my opinion was a huge dammit..lol.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Don't beat yourself up too badly,even us ol greybeards have had our dammit moments. Lying on your back in a floorboard doesn't make it any easier either.
Yup, I don't think you can be a mechanic unless you have a couple of "dammit" moments. And you've drawn blood wrenching on a project, and dropped a few tools where a magnet on a stick was required to retrieve them.....(10mm socket, I'm talking about you LoL).