Transmission advice needed for 93

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treyes

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i bought a 93 c1500 but the transmission just went out what would be a good replacement for it just any 4l60e or does it have to be specific? its a rwd shortbed if that helps.

Frank Compagnon

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced a tranny in my 93 Blazer 4x4 a few years ago, I removed it and took it to a shop to have it rebuilt, been good for about 2 years now. It cost me $1800 for the rebuild if they were to install it the bill would have been over $4000 with install labor. I believe 92-94 are interchangeable,

Treyes

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks man but I'm in high school and don’t have that type of money I actually paid less for the truck than what it cost you to rebuild your transmission so i think ill look for the ones you said are interchangeable at a junkyard

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
92 down is 700r4. 93 up is 4l60. At least by the trucks I've had. I don't know if there are mid year anomalies in that 92-93 span.