Towing Long Distance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pressureangle

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not that it sucks you into the turn, it's just suddenly not pushing you out of it. They work better in race cars, I wouldn't want one in a street driven pickup. Unlocked is good for turn in and throttle on you want both digging.
They quite will pull you in, if you have a heavy trailer pushing you down the on ramp.

BigReb95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly my locker did just fine. I took sharp turns carefully, it was pouring rain the whole time as well. When going 80ish it did fine. Stopping was fine I just paced myself to a stop. The locker helped me back up as it was rainy and muddy on soft ground. I guess ya just gotta know how to work with it.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I have a Detroit locker in my 97 Dually and I love it. Its locked up 95% of the time, only time that I notice it is when its hot and I pull into a gas station, it thunks pretty violently. Bad enough people ask if I broke my truck or something.

Other than that its fantastic to have in snow, rain, ice, mud, grass, etc. I never notice it on dry highways.

BigReb95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its definitely nice in the winter. I didn’t need 4wd last winter because I never get one wheel peel. They both lock and move the truck.

Btw, I am making that trip to Arkansas anyways in about 3 weeks after all.