Stock low-profile mirrors to tow mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trio

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Moose antlers are a fad that needs to go away...

You must be registered for see images attach

aka "bullwinkling". :rotflmao::rotflmao:

tksoldierx

Reaction score
Lots of insightful responses all around, I appreciate the honesty
What are you trying to tow? Stockers are fine for a car on an open deck trailer.
Yeah the stockers work fine for the car haulers but they are subpar for the enclosed cargo trailers (and the dump trailers when they get their cargo stacked too high - secured properly though don’t worry). A camper trailer for a family of 4 is on the ‘eventually’ list as well

GMC_YA_L8R

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here ya go. Not going to be as sleek as your factory mirrors but if you **really** need tow mirrors then these will work great. Also, 1A's customer service is excellent so should you ever have any issues they'll do you right.

Link didn't embed on the first go round so trying again here.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here ya go. Not going to be as sleek as your factory mirrors but if you **really** need tow mirrors then these will work great. Also, 1A's customer service is excellent so should you ever have any issues they'll do you right.

Link didn't embed on the first go round so trying again here.

Oh yeah, forgot about those--heard very good things about them.

GMC_YA_L8R

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a pair of the Trail Ridge mirrors on my 2005 GMC 2500HD. Very good quality for the price point they're in. Mine are power adjustable, heated, integrated LED turn signals, and fit flawlessly.

The set they sent me came with a tiny imperfection in the bottom mirror on the passenger side. I called 1A Auto and asked them if they could send me a replacement with a return shipping label and I'd be glad to send the "damaged" one back. They refused the offer and instead sent me a brand new set and told me to keep the original set and apologized profusely for sending me a damaged product. Absolutely incredible customer service for this day and age. 1A Auto sells a ton of stuff for GM vehicles so I always shop and compare their prices when I need something. Some things I'll only buy factory parts but others that aren't available anymore I tend to buy from 1A or Rock Auto. They're typically neck and neck in pricing but 1A seems to always have discounts available. The mirrors I linked above are on discount right now as well.
Oh yeah, forgot about those--heard very good things about them.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One option you could explore is the early GMT800 tow mirrors; I've been trying to source a set to modify for use on a Suburban in the future. I have K2XX mirrors on my K2500, and I plan to run them on my K3500, but for some reason I can't find myself liking the appearance of them on a Suburban personally, there's Suburbans out there that have the K2XX mirrors and they look amazing, I don't know why I'd prefer the look of the little mirrors though.

Attachments

• 607e5d42225e44578d5c911961ac816c_490.jpg
    607e5d42225e44578d5c911961ac816c_490.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 12

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the NNBS style mirrors on my truck and while I don't love the way they look, I do love the visibility! It's one of those things you don't always need, but when you do you NEED them. Although the dodge ones are nice because they can fold back in and become normal mirrors, the chevy ones are better because you get two mirrors in one. Two pieces of glass aimed differently so you have a wider range of vision.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I'm not sure what these types of mirrors are called, but I think they look the best on a GMT400 since they came from the factory that way on some of them.

I'd recommend using something temporary like 3M command strips or something similar to attach them if you don't plan on using them permanently.

Not to derail this thread, but this unlocked a memory from a few years ago.

My Friend and I used to work as landscapers part time. My friend has a 1998 Chevrolet K1500 ECSB Z71. He was contemplating getting tow mirrors for his flat bed trailer that he used to move his lawnmower and other equipment around in. Him and I both agree that we HATE aftermarket tow mirrors on these trucks, especially 1/2 tons. They instantly make you look like a d*****bag even if you use them for their intended purpose. We both agreed that this style is the best in terms of both function and looks.

They're kind of hard to find though bc only one tons used them IIRC but you can find them every now and then on eBay.

MBRZ71

Reaction score
I have the NNBS style mirrors on my truck and while I don't love the way they look, I do love the visibility! It's one of those things you don't always need, but when you do you NEED them. Although the dodge ones are nice because they can fold back in and become normal mirrors, the chevy ones are better because you get two mirrors in one. Two pieces of glass aimed differently so you have a wider range of vision.
What's NNBS? Do you have a picture of what they look like?