Towing Long Distance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigReb95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree, my 95 is from NC and e brake works since day I got it, I also keep on top of everything like the yearly fluid filming underneath so it lubes everything. The 79 like stated is 0 rust and everything works as it should. I hate the rust belt that I live in but as long as I’m on top of things she’s been good to me.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
You guys ree-hee-heally need to experience southern/western trucks. That and I'm in for a reality check on my impending move back to the rust belt.

Yea big time! My daily driver Cruze e-brake cable started locking up after 3 years (Bought new and it was used every time it was parked). I was able to get 2 more years out of it by spraying the cable with lube a few times a year and cycling it to get the inside good and lubed but it got to the point where I cant touch it now unless its a real emergency.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You guys ree-hee-heally need to experience southern/western trucks. That and I'm in for a reality check on my impending move back to the rust belt.

How I remove brake lines in Texas, lol. Ironically when I bought this it was completely missing parking brake cables, all of them. Someone had also removed the cruise control module and cruise control servo off the engine. I checked the SPID sheet it had cruise and I am reasonaly certain it had a parking brake.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Reaction score
with my 93 ext cab c1500 5.7 3.42 rear, had same problem with local uhaul, went to another in town no problem....note i pulled 7700 lbs with it (well cargo enclosed car hauler) had 10k miles going up couple steep hills it struggled somewhat but made it.. with over 230k on it now have pulled with no issues on level terrain 6000 lbs no issues. good luck drive smart and safe