Tow Hooks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty sure they were offered all the way back to '88, but I could be wrong. 2WD half tons didn't get them very often if at all though. My '97 C1500 doesn't have them, but my '97 K1500 Suburban does.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The RPO(regular production option) code for the front mounted tow hooks is V76. My '97 C3500 crew cab has them. It was originally purchased as a farm truck in South Texas, so I guess they decided they needed those but not 4WD.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I agree with this I see them mostly on 4x4s
I got a pair for my Burb, off a truck at the yard, but I honestly don't remember if it was a C or K. IIRC it was a dually, and I think I got some other parts off it, that weren't driveline specific.
I'll have to look in the morning, but I want to say the holes are there in the frame horns for these, but you'll need the mounting hardware or suitable substitutes. The factory uses a steel plate that's threaded for the mounting bolts, and if you use this it's an easier installation. You won't have to use a wrench or socket to get to the back bolt.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
you are spot on I have yet to see a frame that was not drilled for them one I saw a truck that had the cutouts in the valance for the hooks but never had them installed
Since the crew cab is a 3500 it doesn't have a front valance. The Burb does, but it's not cutout for them. I think the valance may have marks on the back for those slots though, maybe for the fog lights too.
One thing I don't like about the valance on half tons, is it makes it impossible for me to slide under the front of the truck w/o jacking it up. The one ton is high enough, even being 2wd, that I don't have that problem. On it, the main cross member is just low enough to keep me from sliding all the way back. To replace the starter, I came under it behind the right front wheel.