Tow hooks with brush guard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
So I looked thru the forums and Google. Got the brushguard on my 98 and had to pull tow hooks to install it. Had the bright idea of cuttin valance to reinstall OEM hooks but thinkin that may not be an option. I can get close up pics maybe later but wanting to install tow hooks again with winter comin. The guard itself bolts into the frame in the tow hook location and is an L bracket though upside down so steel hanging to the outsides of the frame basically in the way of factory location. Anyone have a link to some that may bolt in to stock location or somethin I can grab from junkyard? I'm not above shackles as I can get some from job sites though I doubt I'll leave them on when I don't need them. Pic of guard installed for reference. It's off center a Lil as I never adjusted anything after reinstalling it and transmission.
You must be registered for see images attach

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Got a pic of it up where it bolts to the frame? Is the guard beefy enough to weld hooks to?
Well I'm in West Virginia in break room right now. If we get laid off I'll stop by house n get a pic on way to my hall. Bored so got ideas runnin thru my head.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I have a Aries bull bar on my megacab. Had to mount it to the tow hook location like you did. They offer these to get your hooks back. Maybe you can fab up something like this. That's my plan, eventually.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Looks about like that bull bar, gonna need to bend or extend stock hooks or just get something aftermarket. Can you get a pic a little farther out? That brace looks strong enough to bolt a hook to itself.
Was kinda thinkin that too. Maybe drill a new hole in guard bracket.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score

I have a Aries bull bar on my megacab. Had to mount it to the tow hook location like you did. They offer these to get your hooks back. Maybe you can fab up something like this. That's my plan, eventually.
Not a bad idea. Now I'm thinkin..... dammit haha
Maybe drill another hold further back n tuck em on inside of guard.