Tow hooks with brush guard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not a bad idea. Now I'm thinkin..... dammit haha
Maybe drill another hold further back n tuck em on inside of guard.
That almost looks like a possibility eh! Anything is possible with some metal, heat and sparks!!
If you found the right kind of hook, like the ones in the pics I sent, it could actually work.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
If you're not looking to abuse it, just pull it out if you wind up stuck without jerking on it, I'd be real tempted to mount a hook on that guard bracket.
Oh I'll be usin it. I've used truck a few times to pull vehicles or logs. Did learn my lesson, luckily not the hard way but close, won't be usin my log chain to pull vehicles. Pickin up a kinetic tow strap monday. Went with a friend few years back to rescue idiot we knew. Was tryin impress some fat chick n buried his stock jeep up to axles. We tossed him chain n idiot hooked to the chain loop on his hitch. It broke n I watched as chain snapped n flew right at me. Luckily didn't have a hard snap so just smashed windshield. Only use my chain to drag stuff around the yard now.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
A strap can kill you just as dead, but yes, it's a better choice. Even more important is to offset your position so that neither driver is in line with the pull if the strap breaks.
Good point. I see frayed straps bein used on the job n I steer clear. Always inspect them. A weight on the strap/chain/cable is always a good idea.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A kinetic strap is a rubber band , it may not break but what it is attached to might. And then you shrapnel. Newtons is laws, for every action there is equal and opposite. You do a speed pull the other side breaks off , equal and opposite, it's coming for you.