Time for a new radiator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Thought I would update the thread for everyone. This project kind of spiraled on me.

Bottom line: I tried the radiator from ECP, it sucked, and then was a huge hassle fighting to get even an 80% refund. I had to involve Paypal after they went dark on me.

So, now I am running a Duralast radiator I bought at Autozone. (It has a manufactured by Spectre sticker if that matters to you). I had to install it after the ECP one and I needed the truck for work.

I am not much for company bashing because they aren't here to defend themselves. Your experience would likely be different from mine. But, would I buy from Speedcooling.com again? No. No I would not.

So going the long story short, I ended up with a Spectre/Duralast from Autozone. The good news is that it is working flawlessly. I towed my Chevelle home with it and it stayed cool towing up and down the mountains. Happy with the performance of it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Mindtriped

Reaction score
Thought I would update the thread for everyone. This project kind of spiraled on me.

Bottom line: I tried the radiator from ECP, it sucked, and then was a huge hassle fighting to get even an 80% refund. I had to involve Paypal after they went dark on me.

So, now I am running a Duralast radiator I bought at Autozone. (It has a manufactured by Spectre sticker if that matters to you). I had to install it after the ECP one and I needed the truck for work.

I am not much for company bashing because they aren't here to defend themselves. Your experience would likely be different from mine. But, would I buy from Speedcooling.com again? No. No I would not.

So going the long story short, I ended up with a Spectre/Duralast from Autozone. The good news is that it is working flawlessly. I towed my Chevelle home with it and it stayed cool towing up and down the mountains. Happy with the performance of it.

Why did the ECP Radiator suck? I’ve been reading all the posts about radiators and just about all of them mention ECP/speed cooling as a viable replacement option. I was about to buy one until I saw your post. I know this is old but can you explain further? I was considering this one for my 95 2WD burb.