Tie rod sleeves - replacing the weak adjuster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been shopping for tie rod sleeves to eliminate the weak factory adjuster.
Can anyone suggest a cost effective option? All they are in some cases is threaded pipe.
For a 99' and newer truck I can find them for $24 but for 88-98' the cheapest I can find is $60.

You must be registered for see images attach

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rock Auto has the proforged ones for $9 each.

Thanks for that lead.....I was really excited until I saw they are not the full round sleeve design I am looking for. The price is right but likely not much stronger than the factory adjuster sleeve. The part number for the Proforged sleeve I need is 105-10035. Guess I'll just pony up and pay the man.

Harry B

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images
Thanks for that lead.....I was really excited until I saw they are not the full round sleeve design I am looking for. The price is right but likely not much stronger than the factory adjuster sleeve. The part number for the Proforged sleeve I need is 105-10035. Guess I'll just pony up and pay the man.

Rock Auto has the same part number that you are looking to buy for $49.79

Last edited:

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you do some hardcore offroading? I've not had any issues with the AC Delco sleeves I put on mine and i don't exactly baby (read I beat the **** out of) my rigs.

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you do some hardcore offroading? I've not had any issues with the AC Delco sleeves I put on mine and i don't exactly baby (read I beat the **** out of) my rigs.

I'm replacing the entire front suspension and in the process I have received advice from several local guys that state the factory AC Delco sleeves will collapse with high HP applications. I'm building a mild 5.3 LS turbo with 650 whp. so it will need to be strong. After some on line searches it looks like the newer trucks 99 and up definitely have this issue and the parts are similar sizes and design on our trucks. I bought the billet pro forged sleeves on Amazon for $45. Check out these images.