Tie rod sleeves - replacing the weak adjuster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For sure, I remember the first time I ever saw one snap, in real life. It was back in 2004 or 05, it was on a 2002 Chevy 2500hd 4x4 with a duramax in it. He tried launching it hard on the street in 4wd and one of the tie rod adjuster sleeves snapped like a chicken bone.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The bending of the tie rod adjusters has as much to do with lifted trucks changing the amount of leverage on steering and suspension components as it does horsepower--at least within reasonable horsepower.....Although I wouldn't exactly call 650 hp at the wheels "mild", the lift and hp indeed create a weak link with the tie rod adjusters--it's pretty common to see with pullers and quarter mile rigs.

I like the fact the Proforged adjusters don't have the "slit" which obviously weakens the adjuster, but with the aluminum Proforged adjuster I worry about longevity.

Last edited: