Anyone Tried Cunningham OBS- tie rod sleeves

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How have these worked out - held up this far ? Any plus or minus’s as far as liking or disliking ? Powder coat hold up?
Do they have the same adjustability extra or limited over stock , in terms of adjustability for being able to extend the outer tie rods outward that’s kinda required 1-2” give or take in 2wd lifted applications.
I just say that because with oem sleeve you can see how much thread is left before your getting to close as you adjust . These being solid maybe it’s just a measuring game to know .
Thinking about grabbing a pair to go with the mevotech ttx I have on order .
You must be registered for see images attach

offroadtahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How have these worked out - held up this far ? Any plus or minus’s as far as liking or disliking ? Powder coat hold up?
Do they have the same adjustability extra or limited over stock , in terms of adjustability for being able to extend the outer tie rods outward that’s kinda required 1-2” give or take in 2wd lifted applications.
I just say that because with oem sleeve you can see how much thread is left before your getting to close as you adjust . These being solid maybe it’s just a measuring game to know .
Thinking about grabbing a pair to go with the mevotech ttx I have on order .
You must be registered for see images attach
Just a plus no cons on these same on the adjustable,posted about these before somewhere,easy to adjust and definitely feels solid mainly low speed turning with 38.5"s
also running ttx tierod's and they are doing awesome,I will be be upgrading to kryptonite for peace of mind though.

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score

there’s a whole thread on them.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just a plus no cons on these same on the adjustable,posted about these before somewhere,easy to adjust and definitely feels solid mainly low speed turning with 38.5"s
also running ttx tierod's and they are doing awesome,I will be be upgrading to kryptonite for peace

That’s to Know!! I ordered a pair coated earlier ‘
Does the kryptonite stuff work for 2wd 88-98

offroadtahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My knowledge on 2wd is limited but i do know you can run the kryptonite pitman,upper ball joints (most articulation) not sure if ttx is the same but kryptonite show a photo comparison of moog etc.

and that stock 4wd forged upper control arms are a upgrade for 2wd stamped steel.so the upper control arms could work.

Don't think the kryptonite tie rod's would work though the inner tie rod part # on mevotech's site is different but unless your running giant and wide tires its definitely beefy enough

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have them. Great product. Nice to support a small business making cool parts for our trucks. Get the door bushings and a rag joint delete while you're at it.
Yup Got both them already on .. good parts , last to do is the sleeve adjusters
Might try some of there interior billet pieces ..

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My knowledge on 2wd is limited but i do know you can run the kryptonite pitman,upper ball joints (most articulation) not sure if ttx is the same but kryptonite show a photo comparison of moog etc.

and that stock 4wd forged upper control arms are a upgrade for 2wd stamped steel.so the upper control arms could work.

Don't think the kryptonite tie rod's would work though the inner tie rod part # on mevotech's site is different but unless your running giant and wide tires its definitely beefy enough
I’ think I’ll give ttx a run , I don’t think I need all that for what I’m dealing with.. maybe the pitman ‘ all depends on cost going forward. I gotta cut back on spending every other day on this vehicle even tho it’s a habit
Next in line is a 4l80 swap and repaint saving for that.
Rather be investing in a SCSB 88-93 where I could be doing something cool with engine mods / swap .

Went the wrong direction with picking up a suburban, but it’s still cool , fav suv era

KY1SurgRN

Reaction score
I’ think I’ll give ttx a run , I don’t think I need all that for what I’m dealing with.. maybe the pitman ‘ all depends on cost going forward. I gotta cut back on spending every other day on this vehicle even tho it’s a habit
Next in line is a 4l80 swap and repaint saving for that.
Rather be investing in a SCSB 88-93 where I could be doing something cool with engine mods / swap .

Went the wrong direction with picking up a suburban, but it’s still cool , fav suv era
Cunningham Tie Rod Sleeves are the best! I run them with TTX tie rods. The sleeves are very well machined, heavy duty, easy to adjust, reasonably priced,and good looking. What else can you ask for. Highly recommend Cunningham's parts. My two cents.