This is what 6 years of neglect look like.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I just can’t stand the red, and being the truck doesn’t have any original power train I couldn’t justify keeping it factory.
Great progress so far. And I'm with you.. without original drivetrain (and other specific parts like the seats) its value as an original 454SS is toast. 1990 was highest production year of them by far, and also only year with moonie dash cluster and non-OD transmission, so I'd have even less concern of modding one. If you were talking a 1992 or 1993 model I'd probably be debating the hunt for parts to put it back to original.. super low production #'s on those.

Richard

Iggy Garcia

Reaction score
Great progress so far. And I'm with you.. without original drivetrain (and other specific parts like the seats) its value as an original 454SS is toast. 1990 was highest production year of them by far, and also only year with moonie dash cluster and non-OD transmission, so I'd have even less concern of modding one. If you were talking a 1992 or 1993 model I'd probably be debating the hunt for parts to put it back to original.. super low production #'s on those.

Richard

Absolutely, I love the 4l80 ss trucks. Over 10k produced in 90 makes it not so special so I said to hell with it. I ripped the moon dash out already. I can’t stand them. Built my own cluster with a cheap jegs set for now. Once it goes EFI I’ll mount the display and 4 2 1/16” autometers.

AK 99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Following along...

Were the original seats not included, or were they too far gone to be worth having redone?