This is what 6 years of neglect look like.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A Tokay Gecko, they’re invasive down here (Florida Keys) and they are literally the coolest damn lizard if they weren’t so loud, or stuck in my garage where I moved to being he was living in my damn truck. I didn’t take a pic of him but I did figure out oreillys brake cleaner kill them instantly. It scared the HELL outta the fiancée.
Ha! friggen geckos! Im from Seattle, we dont do spiders or snakes or lizards.
Dont have them.
When I moved to Arizona back in the early 90s, we bought a house in Scottsdale sight unseen and moved in at about 1 in the morning.
No furniture just an air matress on the floor and a table lamp on a box.
About 3 in the morning she starts freaking the **** out and turns on the table lamp.
There was a gecko in the bed with us.
She completely lost her damn mind and broke the lamp over my head trying to kill the gecko.
I still have the scar.
We just dont do spiders and snakes and lizards

Iggy Garcia

Reaction score
Following along...

Were the original seats not included, or were they too far gone to be worth having redone?

As to my knowledge the true bucket seats didn’t come till 91, these seats were original to the truck. I just had them redone.

I stand corrected, I’ve seen some trucks that were true SS trucks without the high side buckets only in 90 tho. 91-93 alll got high sides. Seems like the first run of trucks didn’t get them? Anyone have any better knowledge?

Last edited:

Iggy Garcia

Reaction score
Dont have them.
When I moved to Arizona back in the early 90s, we bought a house in Scottsdale sight unseen and moved in at about 1 in the morning.
About 3 in the morning she starts freaking the **** out and turns on the table lamp.
She completely lost her damn mind and broke the lamp over my head trying to kill the gecko.
I still have the scar.

Lmao Exactly. Freaking geckos!

AK 99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As to my knowledge the true bucket seats didn’t come till 91, these seats were original to the truck. I just had them redone.

I stand corrected, I’ve seen some trucks that were true SS trucks without the high side buckets only in 90 tho. 91-93 alll got high sides. Seems like the first run of trucks didn’t get them? Anyone have any better knowledge?

I'm not sure actually. My '90 has them and so have other 90's that I remember seeing. I've also wondered about the steering wheel. I've seen some (like mine) that have the smooth rim, and others have the one that looks more like a fake leather wrap.

*edit*
I think mine was built March '90. I've never tried cleaning the overspray off the door sticker to know for sure.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Dont have them.
I still have the scar.
Man I'm so glad we don't have that problem in SC!!!

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I still have the scar.

Do yourself a favor.. do NOT piss that girl off!

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Excellent looking restoration so far! I always wanted to do an OEM style black interior on my trucks. Especially my first truck I had...Gray interior with some components having a yucky butterscotch hue. Guess that's what a few years of Southern sun-beating does to them!

I've never seen a gecko that big out in the wild, either. Not sure how I'd react, but seems you handled it. :rofl: