This is what 6 years of neglect look like.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor.. do NOT piss that girl off!
Ha! too late.
We pissed each other off in about 1996 and decided to give each other the silent treatment.
I caved first and apologized and now we are freinds again.
Unfortunetly, it took me 23 years before I decided to do it.
We are both a bit stubborn

Iggy Garcia

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Alright all you floor jack gurus, riddle me this crap. Pulled the original door, bottom was rusted out. Parted out my 98 Yukon one ton project and installed the newer doors on the 90 cab. Both front and rear of the door are laser straight but up a heavy 1/8”-3/16” above the fender body line and cab line. Also above the roof line same amount. No my dumba** didn’t take a picture of the gold door on the SS this weekend.

AK 99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've run into that issue several times when I worked in the body shop. I think GM's tolerances for hinge placement were very loose. Probably the easiest thing to do is just "cheat" the body half of your hinges down the required amount. Literally just whack them downward with a sledge and block of wood. The angle on the bushings will be slightly different, but it shouldn't cause excessive wear on them.

You can also cheat the door halves up, but that's harder to knock around unless you have a helper to firmly hold the door in place.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've seen bad results whenever trying to swap doors on GMT400's too many years apart. IMO the tooling wear over the years is the issue. So if you get a door from much closer to your year model, results *should* be far better - that's been my experience, anyway.

Richard