Thermostatic valves for the TBI Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The 3/4 and 1 ton trucks don’t have that flap. Why would that be?
Seems hit or miss on specific models, but yeah, I got my non-thermac air cleaner housing for my '94 off a '95 C2500 8 lug parts truck, with a 5.7

You must be registered for see images attach

Gunk cleaned off and installed..

Richard

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here in Houston / SE TX in general we're almost always extremely high humidity. Of course it isn't as bad when the weather gets cold but still quite humid with plenty of rain, freezing rain, and the occasional snow. Never had any driveability problems with any truck I've pulled the thermac from. I guess it could happen if the conditions were just right but they always seemed to run just fine regardless of weather.

But, to each their own.

Edit - I guess I gotta ask, how many members here with TBI trucks have checked their thermac for proper operation? I've seen enough failed ones I'd have to imagine quite a few here are no longer functional.

Richard
Mine was dead nearly 20 years ago from the system I pulled off a 1992 van. Stuck in hot air only mode. I deleted it and it ran much better.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seems hit or miss on specific models, but yeah, I got my non-thermac air cleaner housing for my '94 off a '95 C2500 8 lug parts truck, with a 5.7

Gunk cleaned off and installed..

Richard

I have seen those as well on the G-vans. Van one is different, but GM did the same with the thermac delete. Even the 4.3L in an 8-lug truck or van often had them.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 454 air cleaner fits my small block with the L31 accessories beautifully, just need the darn matching later 454 G-van air duct. I had one on the 350 TBI in my 1983 G20 years ago, gave it away to a friend. Did not know at that point I would need one again, lol. It is a massive increase in airflow using the 454 filter housing and ducting on a small block van.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My current '93 454 is missing the duct tube and resonator. Sure would like to replace 'em. Have already pulled the thermac, of course; it was stuck in "hot air" mode too.

Crap, just noticed the fitting to the fender is missing, too. At least they left the resonator bracket on the fenderwell. :p

Richard

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My current '93 454 is missing the duct tube and resonator. Sure would like to replace 'em. Have already pulled the thermac, of course; it was stuck in "hot air" mode too.

Crap, just noticed the fitting to the fender is missing, too. At least they left the resonator bracket on the fenderwell. :p

Richard
Vortec fender swapped on maybe?

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Richard
Richard, I’ve got a spare I will send you for the cost of shipping. Shoot me a PM.