The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtbag107

Reaction score
My RCLB 3/4 drop has been finished for a little while but I’ve been scratching my head on why I didn’t get a 4” drop on the rear. I see NCchris is working on one now so I’d be curious to see how his turns out.

This is a 1992 C1500 Work Truck, are the leaf springs are different on that model? I don think so. Belltech has no opinion on the matter, since they don’t have any history with lowering long beds. I do have Belltech drop shocks on the rear but I didn’t use shock extenders.. so maybe that’s the issue. I only have a 2.5” drop with hangers and shackles. Does anyone know if not using the extenders would raise the rear 1.5”?

I’ve reconsidered a c notch and I’m willing to do it if that’s what it takes.. although I’d probably need a lift shackle to make it a 3/5 drop.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My RCLB 3/4 drop has been finished for a little while but I’ve been scratching my head on why I didn’t get a 4” drop on the rear. I see NCchris is working on one now so I’d be curious to see how his turns out.

This is a 1992 C1500 Work Truck, are the leaf springs are different on that model? I don think so. Belltech has no opinion on the matter, since they don’t have any history with lowering long beds. I do have Belltech drop shocks on the rear but I didn’t use shock extenders.. so maybe that’s the issue. I only have a 2.5” drop with hangers and shackles. Does anyone know if not using the extenders would raise the rear 1.5”?

I’ve reconsidered a c notch and I’m willing to do it if that’s what it takes.. although I’d probably need a lift shackle to make it a 3/5 drop.
Are there multiple holes on the shackles?

dirtbag107

Reaction score
Is there a difference in hangers between Short cab and extended cab? I bought short cab hangers.. maybe that was wrong for a short cab long bed.

dirtbag107

Reaction score
I always flip em. Hangers are a pain in the d i c k.
I‘ll second that, it was tough. It would have been worth the trouble if it actually dropped 4“.

Belltech doesn’t include shock extenders on any of their kits with a 4” rear drop.. so that’s why I didn’t use them. I saw a recent post saying they are still needed with hangers and shackles so I dunno wtf to think.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I‘ll second that, it was tough. It would have been worth the trouble if it actually dropped 4“.

Belltech doesn’t include shock extenders on any of their kits with a 4” rear drop.. so that’s why I didn’t use them. I saw a recent post saying they are still needed with hangers and shackles so I dunno wtf to think.
I don't *think* you need them unless your shocks are laying over at such an angle that they don't work.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I did shackles and Hangers...the only reason I did instead of a flip is because I had the front hangers laying there...the rear shackles were done. Fuel pump went out...pulled bed anyways and said F it. Grinding down the rivits, prying off the hangers and then punching out the rivets with a air hammmer wasn't terrible, but won't do it again.

Saying that..I'm 4" drop in the rear..on stock shocks with no extensions...and it's not terrible lol. Need new shocks though.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah...you can look up the springs separately and say they're "compatible" but those same springs in the kit and that's somehow the reason the kit isn't compatible? It's baffling.

Same as FancyTBI did, I had looked up all the parts individually and other than a possible listing discrepancy on the shocks, the parts are all "compatible" ...

Richard
Their support email staff is not the greatest. I asked them about selling just the flip kit and they said “no.” They sell the notch separately, why wouldn’t they be willing to do the flip kit itself? No response to that question.