The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know that I’ve seen an 8” rear drop on a gmt400.
Mine is 5/8 static, fuel tank is fine at that height unless you have short tires. Any lower and the tank would need raised. Mine is raised about 1.5” but that was for subframe clearance, not ground clearance. I actually had it 5/10 for a day or two. Still rode great but I wasn’t happy with cv angles and didn’t have a way to lower the front to match the rear at the time.

Attachments

• 2CCB8AF5-9EB6-4E9A-B701-C35F4804001E.jpeg
    2CCB8AF5-9EB6-4E9A-B701-C35F4804001E.jpeg
    522 KB · Views: 15

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is 5/8 static, fuel tank is fine at that height unless you have short tires. Any lower and the tank would need raised. Mine is raised about 1.5” but that was for subframe clearance, not ground clearance. I actually had it 5/10 for a day or two. Still rode great but I wasn’t happy with cv angles and didn’t have a way to lower the front to match the rear at the time.
Heck yea. Then I’ll bag the front. And flip the back.

Actually, if I bag the front I might still make it down the driveway. Currently with the 3/4, the front air dam acts like the blade in a d6 CAT in a couple spots.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heck yea. Then I’ll bag the front. And flip the back.

Actually, if I bag the front I might still make it down the driveway. Currently with the 3/4, the front air dam acts like the blade in a d6 CAT in a couple spots.
is there a certain notch you have your eye on already? Making one yourself? It will take about 4.5-5” more clearance than factory to get a good ride with that kind of drop.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is there a certain notch you have your eye on already? Making one yourself? It will take about 4.5-5” more clearance than factory to get a good ride with that kind of drop.
I was looking at under bed notches. Reklez looks good to me.

You must be registered for see images attach

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah that looks like a solid kit. I’m sure you have thought about it already but the shocks will probably need relocated just to correct the angle. With all that work you might as well 4 link it with some coilovers and be done with it lol. I was never happy with 3/4 and I was worried I would swap to 4/6 and want to go lower so I went straight for it and did the irs swap. Now I’m thinking about a body drop because the 5/8 isn’t enough for me.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Reklez ones do look good. DC Fab also sells some, which is where I got mine for my 3/4 ton.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I ended up just doing a 2/4 which is really liek a 2.5/4 with cut springs. The brackets werent that bad with the bed off. That upper right bolt on driver hanger sucked though.

My question is the front fenders measuer 29.5" on front but left rear is 31" and right rear is like 30.25.

What is there almost a inch difference in rear side to side...or why would there be.

I do have factory shocks for now

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does it have to settle some? Also “Chevy lean” as they call it, but normally I see that on the drivers side.

I was thinking chevy lean lol but it meassured even before I did the front hangers...maybe cause I have factory shocks?

The ride isn't bad with factory but since I cut front springs that's where I wanna spend some $$$ a good set of shocks